PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Android Apps & Games (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Is there anything like smartphone tracker? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=140472)

shatner 02-01-2011 10:02 PM

Is there anything like smartphone tracker?

for Android? It turned out I just left it on the kitchen table, but I was afraid I dropped it at this shady gas station I stopped at.

I have searched but have yet to find an app like Smartphone Tracker.

Any help?

Thanks

Karl 02-01-2011 10:44 PM

Re: Is there anything like smartphone tracker?

Quote:

Originally Posted by shatner (Post 2049384)
for Android? It turned out I just left it on the kitchen table, but I was afraid I dropped it at this shady gas station I stopped at.

I have searched but have yet to find an app like Smartphone Tracker.

Any help?

Thanks

i use this
WatchDroid Pro - Android app on AppBrain
you can have send you gps coordinates
it will turn ringer on if in silent etc etc

gramkn 02-02-2011 10:11 AM

I use lookout, its a free app, and u can track your phone on a map through their website ....mylookout.com, where you'll have to set up an account. It works great.

shatner 02-03-2011 08:22 PM

lookout looks cool I was hoping there was a free version with the wipe/lock feature, but I might try this out.

The reason would be, I dont like paying for a service for some random company to know where my phone is, I am pretty cool with google, but otherwise, idk, just seems unsettling.

AZTECHKA 02-03-2011 08:46 PM

Smartphone tracker did a wipe/lock???
p.

shatner 02-04-2011 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZTECHKA (Post 2050517)
Smartphone tracker did a wipe/lock???
p.

I think it was on his wishlist under development before he apparently abandoned the program.

That said, it is on my wishlist! ;)

chardog 02-06-2011 05:25 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Tasker can do gps tracking as well as many other things. One of the best smartphone apps to exist.

Villain123 02-06-2011 11:56 AM

I use PhoneLocator Pro and it has the wipe feature and uses google maps to provide you positioning of your phone.

Ninjew9001 02-13-2011 12:56 AM

I use lookout, it does automatic backups and you can go to the website and turn your phones gps on and see where your phone is on google maps then press scream and you phone will make a really loud annoying sound.

boredandtattooed 02-13-2011 10:36 AM

Phone Creeper is suppose to be being developed for Android... thats the best tracker, anti-theft app imaginable IMO

jac1599 02-22-2011 04:02 PM

I use SeekDroid, $.99 and has Google Maps location (with remote enable GPS so you don't have to worry about GPS not being turned on all the time), remote lock allows you to set a new pin code to unlock device), remote wipe, and alarm.

pringlet 02-28-2011 12:35 AM

Thanks for the SeekDroid suggestion. It's very slick in that it turns on the GPS. That was one of the big negatives of Phone Locator. The additional features and seekdroid website are also excellent. It's cool being able to send a message that displays on the screen and sounds alarm.

bethjanick 09-05-2012 04:11 AM

I am using MobiStealth monitoring app. Its actually a spying and monitoring app but also offering gps tracking feature for lost and stolen devices. Its also used for mobile data backup and Parental control as well. Whenever I forget my mobile anywhere i.e. restaurant, garden or in office. I will track it through my online stealth account locate it through GPS. If i feel my phone is in insecure place I will lock it remotely though this monitoring and tracking app. They charge me $39 for 3 months license.

justinbob 10-02-2012 02:48 AM

You can use GPS settings with Mobile app. You have to enable smartphone GPS settings.Press Home->menu-> settings ->set location-> use GPS settings->Press home again -> Open the "Applications" tab->Click the application you want to use the GPS system with.