View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:53 PM
tri0xinn
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good worktri0xinn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dumping my DIamond for the Pre

So a quick update. Went to a sprint store today and messed with the Pre,
1st thoughts were... Super easy to navigate.. Capacitive touch is as nice as I thought and as easy as the Iphone to use. Wish the screen was a little larger, but fine. Image quality is fantastic. The keyboard was great.. never had a hardware keyboard on a phone before and was instantly typing faster than I do with software keyboard on my Diamond or Vogue. Keys are small but raised and tacky enough that it's satisfying to use. Browser was fantastic.. other than no flash support it kicks Opera mobiles butt.. although for the most part because of the capacitive screen and not the software.. although it seems to load webpages faster.. both on wifi and EVDO. Youtube app also integrated into the browser.. so you go to Youtube and it's the normal desktop version of youtube... you click a video and it starts the youtube app which loads and runs the video in high res.. has option to stretch full screen like the iphone. Also it runs the videos very smooth.
Bottom line is the device kicks any winmo device I've ever used in the crotch... with every app I used... BUT and this is a big but... there are only a handful of apps to use. After messing with the Pre for 15 minutes I'd exhausted all the possiblities. I was left wondering... "now what?" ..
So will I buy it when I am able to with my upgrade July 1st? Most likely... unless the touch pro2 is a big improvement in speed and touch sensitivity over my diamond. Also if there is still a very slim selection of apps I may possibly wait.