View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 PM
AceXMachine
PPCGeeks Regular

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
They can certainly add it if they want to & it probably could be done easily in five minutes.

When I activated mine, it took less than 30 seconds using the old *228 option 3 routine.
(the entire phone call took about 60 seconds & I was good to go)

~John
It took less than 30 seconds because it was an automated system, which technically did not add your phone to the DMD, it added your ESN/MEID using a generic profile (which VZW could decide to wipe at any time since it could cause billing issues). There is no one in tech support that can just go in and add an ESN/MEID to the DMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I attempted with verizon and talked to tech support. They apparently have a seperate Alltel database and ofcourse sprint phones aren't on it. I guess our only option is to swap esn's from another windows mobile phone which is illegal
Alltel and VZW are still operating seperately, network-wise, for now. Last I checked, even the DMD for Alltel and VZW are still seperate although I am hearing reports (unconfirmed) of some Alltel phones being activated with no problems. I don't think there is any special case for not allowing Sprint devices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 View Post
I called vzw and they too get different errors when trying to activate the phone but apparently they're still not in the database. If anyone can help that would be great
Check your PMs