View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:48 PM
sdruid
Regular 'Geeker

sdruid is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to sdruid Send a message via MSN to sdruid Send a message via Yahoo to sdruid Send a message via Skype™ to sdruid
Re: new annoyance - phone answers with speaker on

The problem is the original one with the phone locking up during answering a call and all depends on which "Home Tab GUI"'s you are using and which programs have to be loaded or it has to look for when the phone rings especially stuff stored on the the mini-sd card instead of the phone will certainly cause lockups. There was a previous discussion about this and it boiled down to what items to install on the phone and what items to store on the mini sd card to avoid lock ups. In addition, running certain programs like "Wmwifirouter" for one and probably other phone "intensive" programs will cause a similar "lockup" situation if you don't reboot your phone after each usage of the programs. Your contact list may contribute to "lockups" as well and I have a list of over 400 that has to be compared to when the phone rings in case it is someone already in my list. My phone almost slows to a complete "crawl" everytime I have to reload my entire contacts list. Last if not least, the SCL or clock cycles (I think I got the terms right) might need to be adjusted in the phone to a shorter number to allow it to ring longer so you given a longer number of rings to answer, like 2nd or 3rd to avoid "lockups" when answering on the 1st ring as well....