View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 01:46 AM
gTen
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I've always gone to a Sprint repair/service store and since I have TEP they would just order me a replacement with no problem at no cost to me. Never paid the $100. I think it helps if you can go to your closest store like that and develop a relationship with them so they might give you better service. The device comes to the store so once it arrives you can check it in the store so if there is an issue the employee is there to verify the problem and act accordingly.
Effectively it works like this, if you dont have TEP you can file a manufacturer warranty claim through sprint..which they effectively do exact same as using the free manufacturer warranty...difference is sprint may give you a phone next day and charge you $100 where as through HTC directly warranty can take 2 weeks or more...

When you have TEP, they process the warranty claims for free and $100 is for the insurance claim. It is up to the technician to use warranty or insurance...if they use warranty and HTC decides that it is users fault Sprint then covers the bill (or has assuran cover it, one way or the other)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.