View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:12 PM
bobturismo
Regular 'Geeker

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP2 not Charging at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by three west View Post
well in my case it was the charger, I dug out my OE charger and used that and it worked fine. Been using the other charger for almost a year, but I guess it went kaput.
I think the standard mini usb cables are just made in such volume now that they vary in size by enough to cause the pins not to contact on some cables after they've been used enough or slightly bent from use.

I can usually find mini usb cables at some of the dollar stores or at some stores that are clearance-ing out old motorola chargers. The dollar store chargers work great, but if I wiggle them to much, eventually tehy lose connection at the plug. I either have to wiggle the cable to the right spot or bend the tip so that it stays snug.

I think part of the problem is that the original charger tip is slightly different and the port on the phone doesn't grip a miniusb as well as a normal mini usb port does.