Old 06-16-2010, 03:26 PM
rzeppa
Lurker
Threadstarter

rzeppa is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone try the new firmware for Intrepid posted on sprint.com

Finally decided to take the plunge and run the update. Here are my notes after 2 days of heavy use:

- WMWifiRouter still works
- Phone Lock screen on startup is slightly different. (Keypad is not shown automatically anymore. Maybe this was a setting?)
- Bing WM6 still works with modified config file
- User name color coding in threaded text view is different ( another post mentioned this. I think it's cosmetic)
- Email default signature has new Sprint/Intrepid branding.
- No more random black-screen phone lockups. (this was a huge issue for me, as it would lock up at least once a day whether on the charger or just from sitting. Not once since the update)

I can't comment on the LED notifications being fixed or batter life being any better. It seems screen response is better (less pressure needed and smoother scrolling)
So far I have had no issues with data interruptions as reported by other users. I have not had to cycle the radio off and on yet. I also have had to reboot only once since the update from a hang during a marketplace batch install. This is an improvement so far.

I'm a fairly heavy user with Exchange running on weekdays and regular use of GPS ( Via GoogleMaps and Bing) and Bluetooth (mainly keyboard and A2DP). I haven't seen any degrades in any of these areas.

Oh yeah, and the flash process took a minute and a half from a P4/XP-Pro machine. Did a complete wipe, as I expected.

Thanks for all the replies everyone!
This post has been thanked 1 times.