View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 PM
NinjaDuck
VIP Duck
Threadstarter

NinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the communityNinjaDuck is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Learn UC / Registry / XML Provisioning / CAB Editing {2010-03-10}

Quote:
Originally Posted by twe90kid View Post
would you say this is better than sashimi?
Sashimi happens after the initial install of the ROM. This to me is an extra step and I find that things like Favorite people (synced with Exchange) do not take once the ROM is loaded.

Sashimi is more flexible (you can install to storage card), but I found it more difficult to manage over time if for no other reason than I have to click a button or two.

Most custom ROMs support UC or XDA_UC right out of the box. XDA_UC will also run UC, so I find it to be the most universal and makes it easy to jump from one ROM to the other.

They are all great tools and I would never argue for one over another. I just have my personal preference.

No matter which one you pick, the concepts in this thread should serve you well.