View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 08:25 PM
ShadowDrake

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: [ Kitchen ][ 2-16 ][ v1.6 B2 ][28230 / 23534 / 21892 / 21056] Calkulin's WVGA Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by icon123 View Post
Shadow,

I feel for you, I saw your pleas for help before. I wish I could help you. You might want to try running one of Calk's pre-cooked roms to see if it fairs better.

What sys and manila do you normally run?

I build my roms with my windows 7 x64 bit laptop with UAC on. BTW, you should run with uac, its a lot better than it was on vista, but I shouldn't be lecturing.

If you have a memory card, try removing that as it may be causing problems. Hang in there.
Actually, I kept UAC on both computers for a while. I was running an older application that gave me some issues with UAC so I just disabled them both because I kept forgetting to run them as an admin. Given what UAC was supposed to do (separate user mode and kernel mode environments... stop rootkits such as hxdef aka hacker defender) and its shortcomings in Vista, I'm not supremely worried about keeping it off for right now. I'll go back on eventually, but I'm still having some problems with this. Just trying to rule out one last variable.

I've tried flashing without my SD card (8gb class 6) and SIM card and was still having the same issues, but I'll give it a shot this time around and leave the SD card out for a week or so - provided I don't get problems first. I'll change my cabs over to exts in the mean time. Oh, and a last note, I've had problems before installing any cabs. Just seems like it's a defective device but I don't get why it's only going awry with this kitchen.

Edit: And I've been using the latest 6.5.x builds, I like the start button on the bottom. I've had different issues with each though, if I remember correctly. Download is almost done!