View Single Post
Old 01-26-2010, 05:42 PM
kkryter
PPCGeeks Regular

kkryter is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] SKI-ROM Build 012510 CE OS 5.2.23518 M2.5/M2.1 - Sashimi Compliant

I upgraded from 12/30 to 1/25 and as before everything looks beautiful! Two problems that I have found, also concur with the post above mine about Marketplace being missing.

1. Most importantly, I just had something happen to me that has only happened once before, when upgrading from one of Psyki's ROMs to his final one. What happened was that I was going along and doing this and that when I went to set up my GMail account. After hitting the finish button things seemed to freeze up. I hit the reset button with my stylus and then it seemed to stick at the boot screen. Finally, I removed the battery and then reinserted and powered on and next thing I know I'm going through initial setup again as if the device had been hard-reset. I've read of others having this problem in other threads over time, anybody have any suggestions beyond the old flash dance?

2. With PocketRAR, how does one use it on these 6.5.x ROMs? I believe that something about the new bottom bar messes it's initial configuration routine up so that you can never get through the associations. Anbody have any tricks there?

Thanks for the help, and thanks to AHuskins for the sweet ROM.