View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 08:15 AM
insomniac
PPCGeeks Regular

insomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinsomniac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What do you HATE about the TP2??

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1adonis View Post
It is not necessarily the phone itself that makes me dislike it. It is the manufacturer...HTC. In today's day and age, technology is advancing very rapidly. I am going to go back just a little bit...starting with the 6700/Apache I believe. My concern is not primarily what software we have or don't have although that matters also. My concern is that if you notice the boxes the phones have come in have gotten smaller like the amount of actually product we received with our phones. The one thing that does not change much at all is the price.

Now with the 6700, the accessories that we received with our phones were as follows:

charger
desktop charger
mini usb cable
believe it came with a memory card
case
Infrared
I think it came with headphones

Now the Winmo 5 was not the best and that is not my point here. The phone was about $549 outright.

The 6800/Mogul came with everything that 6700 came with except the desktop charger.

The Touch pro came with everything except the desktop charger and they took away the real dpad and the Infrared.

The TP2 came with everything except, the desktop charger, dpad, Infrared, camera flash, headphones and low and behold the case.

Now the software has had improvements and disappointments in each. The on thing that has not changed much at all is the price. The TP2 is $599 outright. Now I could really be mad if I acutally paid for all of these phones. The only phone that I have paid for somewhat was the 6700. Sprint has given me all the others brand new under warranty. No money out of my pocket. I just wanted you guys to notice what I notice each time Sprint has sent me a newer phone in a samller box. HTC is the ultimate problem.
We probably recieve less because the hardware has upped since those days, processor (though the one in 6600 was faster), ram, sensors, everything which costs more to manufature, plus the way qualomm does itKs fees. But a case and headset in the least and not a crappy one, i put my best friend on my account with another line on a dunbphone that does music and it came with some great sounding headphones.

What I hate about it is that it has no flash lens, and tomorrow i reieve the 4th replaement due to way too many stuck pixels and glaring light on th botoom and right side on every model I have had, if the next was ontinues this I will have them trade it for something else, it seems almost as if the the sreen is not completely flush. Plus the c key has to be pressed very hard to work on this last model, it is an HTC thing, they need to step up the manufacturing of harware a bit, the only I model I never took bak was the 6600, that was in year 2003.

Last edited by insomniac; 01-16-2010 at 08:20 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.