Acorns
Lurker

Acorns is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [12/09/09] Juicy Rhodium_W R6 (21884) [SENSE UI] [XDA_UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmitt5 View Post
I want to set the notification for new e-mail to just flash the top LED -- no ring or vibrate. But the option to "Flash light for X seconds" is grayed out on the notification options on this ROM. Is there a way to restore it?

Also, every other ROM I've used has had an option to turn off the shutter sound on the camera. Any way to restore that option?
Question 1:

For me, flash-only seems to be the default. I can't find where I would set it in the options though, going through Sense's settings lets me set Off/Vibrate/Noise, going through WMs doesn't even have the tab that would normally be there. For what it is worth, "Off" seems to be flash only, as this is what my email is set to.

Question 2:

No, the setting isn't in the newer camera software. They also ignore a bunch of reg settings, and the sound itself isn't the wavs scattered around the windows directory. To get rid of these sounds you have to fool with the resources in camerarc.dll. I posted an edited version for R5, I'll post one for R6 later, though I won't be able to test it as I'm happy on R5 currently.