View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM
isdnmatt
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Any hope for Google Voice app for WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisdomWolfX View Post
Did either of you bother to read the thread before you responded?

Ahh, that makes more sense as to why you are looking for an app then. Didn't realize that. I think at this point you are actually better off using the mobile site for your texting needs.

If you are worried about being alerted when you receive a message then just setup a push email account (if you don't have one already) and have GV forward texts to email. You lose the char counter and threaded convo view, but at least you can receive and respond to texts using data only.
Wait, so if I forward my txts to email, I can respond to the email and it will be sent as a txt to the sender? That may use a little more data for all the email headers and such, but if that works, thats genius!! Thank you.

EDIT: I already had push enabled and this works exactly as I needed. It does use a little more data, but well worth the convenience. Certainly worth hitting the Thanks button.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 12-11-2009 at 02:54 PM.