View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 02:10 PM
WisdomWolfX
Almost a VIP

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX
Re: Any hope for Google Voice app for WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnkeys View Post
I've been using iDialer and iContacts. Think I saw a companion for them, iAvatar if I recall correctly; basically just the contacts app with thumbnails.

In a nutshell, these lightweight apps dial your GV# and handle all the login & dialing, making it 1-touch for contacts, and straight dialing for other numbers.

You do need to go to their website for a custom cab; they add in your pin & GV# to the install. I haven't tried the Avatar companion yet, but the other two work well. Enjoy.

iDialer

iContact

iAvatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw1972 View Post
+1 to iDialer and iContact....

the dialer is responsive...and you can hit the "hidden" button on the top left and switch between calling out from GV OR calling out from your carrier. Handy if you didn't do a complete switch to GV.

iContact integrates seamlessly with iDialer...so it all doesn't skip a beat.

map your soft keys or hard keys to them...it can actually completely replace the the htc dialer and htc contacts.
Did either of you bother to read the thread before you responded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
The problem with this is that I'm still getting charged for txts by my carrier. If the phone used data to connect to GV to send/receive txts like going through the web browser does, then I wouldn't have pay for any txts. The main reason I want this so for when I'm in Europe. I pay almost 10 cents a txt on prepaid and only 5 euros for 3GB of data (A LOT more txts for the price). 5 Euros at 10 cents each = 50 txts. 3GB of data = more like 5000 txts. EDIT: I should add this is mainly for txting people back home in the STATES.
Ahh, that makes more sense as to why you are looking for an app then. Didn't realize that. I think at this point you are actually better off using the mobile site for your texting needs.

If you are worried about being alerted when you receive a message then just setup a push email account (if you don't have one already) and have GV forward texts to email. You lose the char counter and threaded convo view, but at least you can receive and respond to texts using data only.

Jumped ship for Android now that WM is officially useless.
This post has been thanked 1 times.