View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 AM
Arterion
PPCGeeks Regular

Arterion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Arterion Send a message via MSN to Arterion Send a message via Yahoo to Arterion
Re: Sprint replacing Touch Pro with Touch Pro 2!

Round Two:

Went to a sprint ASC in Columbia, TN with the refurb TP I got last week, because it isn't marking my texts as read correctly, and because texts and opera have been locking it up the phone. The manager there saw it happen. So she calls sprint technical support, because this is "their problem" because they sent me the phone just last week.

I go to TS -> Advanced TS -> Then some other guy who answered as "escalations" or something. His claim was that he and everyone in his office had TP's, and he went around to each cubicle and asked each person there if their TP had the same problems as mine, and they said theirs did, so he couldn't help me.

(Specifically, he said it was a bug in the latest ROM, but it was somehow not a device issue, but a WM issue, even though previous Sprint official ROMs didn't have the problem. The ROM I have now from Sprint has S2A, apparently released on Sep 22.)

He said he could ONLY do and advanced exchange for another TP (Even though last week, I got offered the Snap, Pre, etc.), and that when mine came back in, it would be deemed non-defective, and I'd get charged $200. He said he'd notate my account about our conversation, and I could try calling *2 and getting the money credited back after it was on the bill.

What a load of crap!

The manager at the store was really nice, though. She was on the phone with TS for 2 hours, one hour past closing. She seemed like she was new or something, like she was hesitant to do anything. She said she'd call her people tomorrow and call me and let me know if she can do anything for me, cause it was after 5 p.m. I honestly think she thought if the refurb was less than 30 days old, it had to go back to Sprint to support, but Idk.

There are 17 other repair centers in the middle TN area I am going to hit up one by one until I get something resolved! I think the *2 option is just totally hit or miss, mostly miss. You could call in 5 times a day and get 5 different results.