View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 02:59 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) |Nov5| Manila 2.1 and 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
MY PHONE
The Windows Live talk this AM got me thinking. Dont use Windows Live but I do use My Phone.
Turn off Sense under Settings/Today
Sign into MyPhone-it works with Sense off.
It'll prompt you for the latest version
DL
Set it up/sync
Turn Sense back on and now MyPhone works with Sense on.
Havent tested the process with Windows Live, you may still need to go to the Marketplace first.
I think it works - I need a tester.

• Hotmail was, as usual, a different story. I think there’s a problem with the version of Windows Live that’s cooked into the ROM…no worries, where there’s a will there’s a workaround!
    • Disable TouchFlo
    • Go to START-TOOLS-Task Manager and stop the “tmail.exe” process. Tap/Hold the process to bring up a pop up display with an option to “Terminate”.
    • Enable TouchFLo/Sense
    • Go to START-INTERNET-Windows Live and sign in. Accept the User Agreement and set your syncing options. When you’re done, go to the Email Tab and see if it’s displayed.

I *think* this will work as is. I did perform another step, but I think that step was extra [going to the marketplace and downloading Live didn't do it for me]. ...but maybe it did. If someone wants to test my steps, let me knwo if it worked. IF not, I have another set of steps that may be better.

I did get it working fine - got both Hotmail accounts syncing...and one is pushing as items arrive.