View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:17 PM
dannzeman
I love root

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch The Music [Test cabs!]

There's been lots of updates to this. It works pretty good on my TP2. The graphics are very nice! Hit the link for the WVGA version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=481819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlanthir View Post
This is the official development thread for Touch The Music.
All information is going to be posted here.

The project consists of a music game, similar to Guitar Hero and Tap Tap Revenge, for Windows Mobile 6 onwards.

Development Team

Programming
Arlanthir

Graphics
Jakob Dam (jakobdam)

Announcements

- Version 0.31 out

Latest Version (0.31)

Download
QVGA
VGA
WQVGA
WVGA
Squared QVGA (discontinued)
Squared VGA (discontinued)

How to play
You can tap the fret buttons on the lower part of the screen or you can use LEFT UP RIGHT hardware keys to play.
If you want to quit the level, just press the RED (end call) key. Alternatively, you can click the top right corner (where the framerate counter is located).
Please note that with the hardware buttons you won't be able to net those multitouch points. A singletouch easier mode is planned for future versions.

Changelog

Version 0.31
Debug information added.
DirectShow error checking added.

Version 0.3
Major graphic overhaul
Pause
New scoring method
Vibration Feedback
FIX: Experimental bugfix for when receiving messages and calls, etc. The program should now behave fine when losing focus.

Version 0.2
Multitouch working.
New menu system, with placeholder graphics.
New level (incomplete).
New resolutions.

Version 0.1
The first playable level is released on a simplistic game engine.
The Options Menu doesn't work yet.

Planned features for next version

Planned features for FUTURE versions
There is going to be a music editor for PC (at least) so you can create levels. The process won't be automatic, though, because we cannot make a program that guesses where the guitar is in the music by itself. So you are going to place the notes where you feel is right.
Note animations when you tap them.
Options menu.

Known Issues

If the application below the game updates the screen, Touch The Music no longer recognizes touches or keystrokes
To be honest, I don't know why this happens but it will have to be fixed. Starting the game from the programs menu or the manilla programs tab minimizes this, as long as the messaging tab is not visible. (experimental fix in version 0.3)

I have no Sound
If possible, change your ROM. If not, try the latest version and tell me all the eventual error messages. I will look on other sound libraries, so don't panic just yet

Multitouch isn't working, my device has got no multitouch support!
Multitouch for Touch the Music is entirely software-based. It should work on any phone. If it doesn't on yours, try the latest version out and send me your log.txt

Thank you all for your time and especially the users who are contributing with testing, ideas or just kind words, you are all that makes this project possible.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.