View Single Post
Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM
ronron5
Lurker

ronron5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

Have you checked to see if your MSL code was reset? Also i tried what you said about my data problem. The Ev logo shows up on my phone now, but still no data unless its 1x. Also have you done a speed test to verify you are actually getting Ev speeds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGabriele View Post
I think I can help you out, hopefully you can help me out.

From http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20090:

The key is to make sure there is nothing in the HA Shared Secret & AAA Shared Secret. After that force your phone into 1X mode by going to Modem Settings in EPST and change the following settings (make note of what the original values are because you will be re-entering them later):

Preferred Mode: CDMA Only
HDR Hybrid Preferred: Disable
Rev. A: Disable

Once you've done all this, the phone will reboot in 1X mode. Go on the web and surf for a few minutes. Your HA & AAA Shared Secret Keys will be written. Revert your modem settings back to the original configuration and you should be in business with full EVDO.

Now, for you to help me. I have a blank banner where it should say Verizon Wireless and *228 option 1 cannot program my phone even though its activated and can make and receive calls and has full EVDO. Can you or anyone else help explain/fix this?