View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 11:00 AM
entwined82
PPCGeeks Regular

entwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularentwined82 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Touch Pro 2 - Release Date -

I seem to recall reading something on here a while back about the VZW TP..how basically HTC sold them the TP with original specs but then went back and beefed it up before offering it to Sprint and AT&T. By then, Verizon was so heavily pushing the BB Storm that they wouldn't brand the updated TP and stuck with the lower specs. Not sure how true it is but it almost makes sense, in the fact that its a completely boneheaded move and Verizon did it.

Oh and to the guy blaming Verizon for potentially not stepping up to the plate with the HTC phone problems..those are not Verizon's fault. The TP seems to have major issues on all carriers. Lets say they didn't get the TP2, would you blame them? It's looking like they will but I'm just saying that given a lot of peoples track records (3-8 phones in a year or less) it would make sense. Any time I end up at a Sprint store they try to talk people out of buying it because they know that most of the customers are going to become problematic the second things don't work out perfectly. Its a high maintenance phone and its not fit to sell in a market where everyone wants things just..easy and fast.

Maybe the TP2 will be better but I could see the TP scaring off carriers.

Last edited by entwined82; 08-04-2009 at 11:04 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.