PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WP7 On The HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   [How-To] Flash WP7 to your HD2!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139787)

orangekid 01-17-2011 10:51 AM

[How-To] Flash WP7 to your HD2!!

2 Attachment(s)
Instructions:

You must have HSPL3 flashed on your phone, if you do not you can get it from HERE. If you are on 3.14 ROM, HSPL will not work, you have to flash an earlier stock ROM then flash HSPL3. Find your stock ROM HERE.

BE CAREFUL WHEN FLASHING ROMS TO GET YOUR CARRIER'S ROM.
I am DEAD serious about this, flashing the wrong stock rom will brick your phone.

Note: flashing WP7 will wipe and repartition your SD card so BACK IT UP.

1) Ensure you have HSPL3 flashed on your phone (see above).

You must have one of the later radios (2.12.50.** or above)

Here are the 3 that seem to work the best. Supposedly 2.14.50 gives the best battery life but I have not personally confirmed this. Download the radio and flash via RUU (rom update utility) found attached to this thread.

Leo_RADIO_2.15.50.14**: MultiUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.14.50.02**: MegaUpload
Leo_RADIO_2.12.50.02_2: MegaUpload

2) With HSPL3 installed on your phone, download the MAGLDR 1.13 attached to this post and your preferred WP7 ROM from this forum. Remember the xbmod and football ROMs come unlocked with various fixes, so all you need to do to activate Live Serives and Market is call MS for your code (see THIS thread). The original MAGLDR thread can be found HERE.

3) Turn your phone on and hold the vol-down button to put it in bootloader, and run the RUU in MAGLDR to flash MAGLDR 1.13 to your phone.

4) When the phone reboots into MAGLDR, use the volume buttons to scroll down to option 5, USB Flashed.

5) With your phone plugged in via USB, run DWI from your ROM folder and flash WP7 on your phone.

6) When it reboots into MAGLDR, select option 1 to boot WP7. Now you're in business.

7) you have to manually input your APN in settings to get data. If you have tmobile you would put epc.tmobile.com in the first blank and leave the next 2 blank. Google your provider's apn settings for other carriers.

To go back to WM6.5 just get back into bootloader and flash any WM6.5 ROM.

To go back to NAND Android just boot into MAGLDR and use USB Flasher to flash the Android ROM of your choice.

Both of the above will wipe WP7 from your phone.

In order to get your sd card back after it's been "WP7ized", you need a partition program to repartition it. I personally liked this one a lot. (free)

BEST FREE Partition Manager Software for Windows supports all 32-bit & 64 bit Windows No-server OS.

kvictor017 01-17-2011 11:22 PM

Re: WP7 ROM + Bootloader + How-To

Probably not appropriate for a first post, but will this work for the tp2? They both run wm6.5.

GirlGoneGeek 01-18-2011 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvictor017 (Post 2038935)
Probably not appropriate for a first post, but will this work for the tp2? They both run wm6.5.

Here's your answer and no worries, we all have to ask what we aren't sure of :)

kvictor017 01-18-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Courtney1985 (Post 2039091)
Here's your answer and no worries, we all have to ask what we aren't sure of :)

Thanks for the reply. Although the answer to my question isn't what I was hoping for, I might be a rebel and try it anyway haha :headbang: Thanks again

jarrelosu 01-19-2011 12:14 AM

I did all the steps posted...until I got to...With your phone plugged in via USB, run DWI from the LEO70_ROM folder and flash WP7 on your phone......I did this just as mentioned but it wouldnt sync with my device.....so I am left with a phone what only is usefull for tetris.......is there anything that I can do.....I really need help bad....

orangekid 01-19-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrelosu (Post 2039870)
I did all the steps posted...until I got to...With your phone plugged in via USB, run DWI from the LEO70_ROM folder and flash WP7 on your phone......I did this just as mentioned but it wouldnt sync with my device.....so I am left with a phone what only is usefull for tetris.......is there anything that I can do.....I really need help bad....

1) make sure your device is in USB flasher mode.

2) make sure if you're on vista or 7 you run DWI in administrator mode.

3) try another PC or even another USB port

4) have .net 4 installed on your pc

jarrelosu 01-19-2011 03:24 PM

thanks alot....the prob was I wasnt opening it as an administrator...Also is there like a file finder in this system like with 6.5????? Cause I have droid on my memory card and like the apps and now I would perfer to run the droid....

jarrelosu 01-20-2011 02:16 AM

my internet isnt working...i have to use wifi for the internet....how do i get my internet to work again????

mgioia2 01-20-2011 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrelosu (Post 2040662)
my internet isnt working...i have to use wifi for the internet....how do i get my internet to work again????

You have to enter your APN manually in settings.

If you're on US T-Mobile it's - epc.tmobile.com

mgioia2 01-20-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarrelosu (Post 2040265)
thanks alot....the prob was I wasnt opening it as an administrator...Also is there like a file finder in this system like with 6.5????? Cause I have droid on my memory card and like the apps and now I would perfer to run the droid....

There is a file explorer in 7 but you have to Chevron unlock your phone and load it. Also if you've flashed your phone with your card in to 7 you lost everything that was on your card as 7 wipes it clean on install.