PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > WP7 On The HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 03:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Windows Phone 7 for HD2 (WP7 software update)

Good morning ladies and gentalmen, Thanks to Dark Forces Team and Cotulla this is now a reallity! I have flashed it and am running it now. Its very smooth you need MAGLDR 1.12 and the WP7 ROM. I can not post the links here as the official release has not yet been dropped by Cotulla (yet). More than likely it will be released this Friday over at xda-devs. However if you would like more info hit me up on twitter as I have posted many links and info there. I wanted to share this great info with the HD2 community at PPCGEEKS, enjoy! and happy flashing, oh and it runs smooth, very smooth, Im loving it.

Last edited by Improve; 02-21-2011 at 09:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:16 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Windows Phone 7 for HD2 is here!

thanks man, I can't wait to flash this bad boy.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: At&t Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Wil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWil Badger is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Wil Badger Send a message via AIM to Wil Badger Send a message via MSN to Wil Badger Send a message via Yahoo to Wil Badger

Or you could just go to XDA and find that others have already posted the links there as well as mirrors. Last I checked there were atleast 3 or 4 threads about the same thing.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:24 AM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wil Badger View Post
Or you could just go to XDA and find that others have already posted the links there as well as mirrors. Last I checked there were atleast 3 or 4 threads about the same thing.
mods have taken down the links and even with Chrome and I can't get my registration thru to download the attachment, so I'm still looking for it...

edit: nevermind i found it.

Last edited by orangekid; 01-13-2011 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I have to say the sound on the hd2 is amazing with wp7...
as for everything else its okay the screen sensitivity sucks here though but otherwise save from the microsd card this is a great wp7 device...
and with free htc dll access =)
hacking a bound!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:51 PM

yeah this is pretty incredible. from turning the phone on it goes thru HSPL3, MAGLDR, bootscreen, bootanim, and my homescreen is ready to use in about 35 seconds. The thing is fast, fluid, smooth, and fully functional (still working on the Live Services part, I need a vista machine to use the unlocker so I'll have to get full access tomorrow)

and to think I can also boot Android if I want to from the same phone, this thing is just the sickest phone ever.

Cotulla is actively working on the MeeGo port too
Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
mods have taken down the links and even with Chrome and I can't get my registration thru to download the attachment, so I'm still looking for it...

edit: nevermind i found it.
Hey orangekid I have seen you on many of the forums I frequent, your welcome, I like your flavor neighbor.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Cool Windows Phone 7 on HD2 w/100% live services

ALSO I WANTED TO ANOUNCE THIS HERE!

I just called here in the US. the # I dialed was 1(800) 642 - 7676 The 2 men I spoke to where dismissive, they immediately told me to call my carrier Tmobile or The device manufacturer HTC. I explained this is an MSphone problem. I asked him what help would they be? Im not having a hardware or service problem, im having a Microsoft Live account/services problem. They both explained that MS does not have Windows Phone 7 support yet, and again just repeated you need to contact your bla bla bla. Maybe ill call tonight and get someone whose willing to help.

LINK TO MS LIVE SERVICE SUPPORT PAGE

EDIT: Persistence my friends persistence. Be polite, know what your taking about and you will get your Product license activation code. Running 100% on my HD2 =D>
Old 01-14-2011, 12:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Lastly, Here is a great Tutorial by bazgee over at XDA. Its very well written. Check it out it breaks down the final steps to get it running with all its features like Chevron unlocker, and zune player. Enjoy!

Links to MAGLDR 1.12 and WP7 Rom =D>
Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Got my Live Services activated last night in about 5 minutes, working on Chevron now but i'll have to wait until i get home for a Vista/Win7 machine...bleh...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > WP7 On The HD2