PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > WP7 On The HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: Windows Phone 7 for HD2 is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
Got my Live Services activated last night in about 5 minutes, working on Chevron now but i'll have to wait until i get home for a Vista/Win7 machine...bleh...
lol I know, I have xp all around me, the only thing I can do is hijack my girlfriends vista machine so I can use chevron and get my reg edit on.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

WOW...this all worked great on my win7 machine...installed a bunch of apps, HTC hub...got the internet connection working right and now have MMS...this rocks!
Old 01-14-2011, 10:44 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I guess I should return mine and use this lol! I just use my tp2 for the free wifi and the hd7 for play, I love this hd2 .
Old 01-15-2011, 02:28 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

simply amazing....!!!! Got it up and running fully on my HD2 (my activation code will be stashed at my safe for future use)

I have used it for 1.5 days as my daily driver and let me tell ya... as a former HD7 owner (miss it...) it behaves 100% identically to native WP7 devices when it comes to smoothness, and battery life

Only issues i would like to be addressed before its perfect

-back speaker sound is pretty bad... lower volume makes it tolerable
-multitouch issues... its buggy and irresponsive sometimes

... thats it
Old 01-15-2011, 06:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeElGiga23 View Post
simply amazing....!!!! Got it up and running fully on my HD2 (my activation code will be stashed at my safe for future use)

I have used it for 1.5 days as my daily driver and let me tell ya... as a former HD7 owner (miss it...) it behaves 100% identically to native WP7 devices when it comes to smoothness, and battery life

Only issues i would like to be addressed before its perfect

-back speaker sound is pretty bad... lower volume makes it tolerable
-multitouch issues... its buggy and irresponsive sometimes

... thats it
speed (lag) as well. The hd7 was laggy in some areas, but the hd2 out lags hd7
also the hd2 has dual touch but multitouch, yeah not gonna happen...but otherwise it is a good (almost beta)
despite surprisingly the dvp with all of its problems is very smooth and a great exp
Old 01-15-2011, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2

mgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuffmgioia2 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
also the hd2 has dual touch but multitouch, yeah not gonna happen...but otherwise it is a good (almost beta)
despite surprisingly the dvp with all of its problems is very smooth and a great exp
I really don't see the lags you guys are talking about..i've been running it on 2 phones since the 12th and neither one has had any bit of lag yet.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgioia2 View Post
I really don't see the lags you guys are talking about..i've been running it on 2 phones since the 12th and neither one has had any bit of lag yet.
you'll see it
the performance is a bit slower than an actual wp7
Old 01-15-2011, 04:17 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
its way past beta. its good enough for daily use... as i said, besides the speaker and "dual touch" issues, IMO its a amlost perfect port

ill let you know when i come across this "lag" you speak of
Old 01-15-2011, 05:07 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well...... I can admit it, this mod, makes the HD2 just about the baddest phone on the planet..... ANdroid, winMO, Ubunto/Rhobuntu, and now WP7....

nice guys! nice!

wish my TP2 could run it now lol
Old 01-15-2011, 06:17 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I feel you bored, I love my tp2 but the hd2 is in a class by itself. I wished that everyone had it cuz it really is a bad ass phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2 > WP7 On The HD2