PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   WP7 On The HD2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=312)
-   -   Windows Phone 7 for HD2 (WP7 software update) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139591)

orangekid 01-14-2011 10:57 AM

Re: Windows Phone 7 for HD2 is here!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgioia2 (Post 2036539)
Got my Live Services activated last night in about 5 minutes, working on Chevron now but i'll have to wait until i get home for a Vista/Win7 machine...bleh...

lol I know, I have xp all around me, the only thing I can do is hijack my girlfriends vista machine so I can use chevron and get my reg edit on.

mgioia2 01-14-2011 07:07 PM

WOW...this all worked great on my win7 machine...installed a bunch of apps, HTC hub...got the internet connection working right and now have MMS...this rocks!

Dr.8820 01-14-2011 10:44 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I guess I should return mine and use this lol! I just use my tp2 for the free wifi and the hd7 for play, I love this hd2 :).

MikeElGiga23 01-15-2011 02:28 AM

simply amazing....!!!! Got it up and running fully on my HD2 (my activation code will be stashed at my safe for future use)

I have used it for 1.5 days as my daily driver and let me tell ya... as a former HD7 owner (miss it...) it behaves 100% identically to native WP7 devices when it comes to smoothness, and battery life

Only issues i would like to be addressed before its perfect

-back speaker sound is pretty bad... lower volume makes it tolerable
-multitouch issues... its buggy and irresponsive sometimes

... thats it

Noir 01-15-2011 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeElGiga23 (Post 2037063)
simply amazing....!!!! Got it up and running fully on my HD2 (my activation code will be stashed at my safe for future use)

I have used it for 1.5 days as my daily driver and let me tell ya... as a former HD7 owner (miss it...) it behaves 100% identically to native WP7 devices when it comes to smoothness, and battery life

Only issues i would like to be addressed before its perfect

-back speaker sound is pretty bad... lower volume makes it tolerable
-multitouch issues... its buggy and irresponsive sometimes

... thats it

speed (lag) as well. The hd7 was laggy in some areas, but the hd2 out lags hd7
also the hd2 has dual touch but multitouch, yeah not gonna happen...but otherwise it is a good (almost beta)
despite surprisingly the dvp with all of its problems is very smooth and a great exp

mgioia2 01-15-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 2037102)
also the hd2 has dual touch but multitouch, yeah not gonna happen...but otherwise it is a good (almost beta)
despite surprisingly the dvp with all of its problems is very smooth and a great exp

I really don't see the lags you guys are talking about..i've been running it on 2 phones since the 12th and neither one has had any bit of lag yet.

Noir 01-15-2011 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgioia2 (Post 2037174)
I really don't see the lags you guys are talking about..i've been running it on 2 phones since the 12th and neither one has had any bit of lag yet.

you'll see it
the performance is a bit slower than an actual wp7

MikeElGiga23 01-15-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 2037102)

its way past beta. its good enough for daily use... as i said, besides the speaker and "dual touch" issues, IMO its a amlost perfect port

ill let you know when i come across this "lag" you speak of :mrgreen:

boredandtattooed 01-15-2011 05:07 PM

well...... I can admit it, this mod, makes the HD2 just about the baddest phone on the planet..... ANdroid, winMO, Ubunto/Rhobuntu, and now WP7....

nice guys! nice!

wish my TP2 could run it now lol

Dr.8820 01-15-2011 06:17 PM

Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I feel you bored, I love my tp2 but the hd2 is in a class by itself. I wished that everyone had it cuz it really is a bad ass phone.