PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 12:10 PM
Cheers! ^^
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

TnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuffTnA-2xXtReM knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to TnA-2xXtReM Send a message via Yahoo to TnA-2xXtReM
Re: WM 6.5 Custom Taskbar

Really nice stuff man Least I can see the battery percentage instead of a bar

Temporary selling Sprint SERO 500 plans for $80.

The SERO 500 plan is only $30 a month and it gives you: 500 minutes monthly, unlimited data, unlimited text, unlimited picture mail, nights and weekend from 7PM to 7AM, and more!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Threadstarter

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyme187 View Post
hey tsowen hows the new taskbar coming? and out of curiousity does it compare to CrazyLiLBoy's Much anticipated one?
Nah not really even close to his. Mine are all custom icons I have made. Its coming along okay the icon making part but still working on the purchasing of the liscense for the PE Explorer and WINCe Cab Maker around $230 total for both.
Old 08-20-2009, 02:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

atlbrav1518 is becoming a great contributor

WINCe Cab Maker? or Manager?

Old 08-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Globe Telecom

enyaj is a n00b

Hi tsowen,

I was able to replace the taskbar icons with transparent ones(i.e. signal bars, G icons etc) so that i wouldn't see anything else except my wallpaper, but the problem is the volume sliders got screwed. I did not do anything else but replace the icons. Do you have an idea why that happenned?
Old 08-22-2009, 11:08 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond GSM
Carrier: H3G

teorouge is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to teorouge

Hi taskbar heroes! Are you having a look at the most recent WM 6.5 builds? There's a sort of new "magnified" taskbar popping out when tapping good, old-fashioned taskbar icons: it gets to display very big icons, located in the shellres.dll (ther should be new slots, as I got it), try to see HERE and you can see a screenshot, the upper right one.
Are you planning to update your creations with proper-resolution magnified icons? For example on gadgetfreak's taskbar you get to show the icons (though visually degraded), but not all of them are correctly linked (for example I get HTC Start logo in place of the WIFI signal...)... that would be great!
Old 08-23-2009, 12:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorouge View Post
Hi taskbar heroes! Are you having a look at the most recent WM 6.5 builds? There's a sort of new "magnified" taskbar popping out when tapping good, old-fashioned taskbar icons: it gets to display very big icons, located in the shellres.dll (ther should be new slots, as I got it), try to see HERE and you can see a screenshot, the upper right one.
Are you planning to update your creations with proper-resolution magnified icons? For example on gadgetfreak's taskbar you get to show the icons (though visually degraded), but not all of them are correctly linked (for example I get HTC Start logo in place of the WIFI signal...)... that would be great!
Read the thread in my signature, Help the Cause..Get the goodies!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:48 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by teorouge View Post
I would say we will probably wait until things solidify and stabilize. I may be wrong on this, but between Tsowen and myself, I think I am the only one actually using 6.5 right now, and I'm way back on 23009. Until MS stops changing everything, with each new build coming out in rapid fire mode, it just isn't worth it yet for us to even try.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2009, 03:55 AM
Threadstarter
Pocket PC: HTC Rhodium 400

t0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributionst0mmyr should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to t0mmyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Nah not really even close to his. Mine are all custom icons I have made. Its coming along okay the icon making part but still working on the purchasing of the liscense for the PE Explorer and WINCe Cab Maker around $230 total for both.
isn't there a free alternative to those programs? there must be some sort of open source program developers here & on xda use, i can't imagine all these great files coming from people that forked over that much cash for making non-profit files

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
Hmmmm. Those are both new problems. Can you guys check to make sure you have the phcanoverbmp.dll registry edits that Tsowen has in the first post?

Try this and let me know...
i installed the later cab file (not the one in the zip found in the link in your sig) and it works great! thanks gadgetfreak! have u thought about including an icon that will make the htc task manager match the rest? is that hard to do? i'd love to see my taskbar completely matched when on home screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I just reinstalled and everything looks perfect.
My only request would be to have a MS/Windows Start icon. Or some sort of generic thing...I never really liked that HTC logo. I guess there's worse...
i just installed dwizzy's new microsoft logo start button, looks a bit large and out of place in the screenshot with the GFrom taskbar but its not so bad on the device in person, it would be awesome if gadgetfreak could shrink it down and/or block it in as with all the other icons to make it match perfectly *hint hint*

Old 08-23-2009, 08:05 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0mmyr View Post
isn't there a free alternative to those programs? there must be some sort of open source program developers here & on xda use, i can't imagine all these great files coming from people that forked over that much cash for making non-profit files

i installed the later cab file (not the one in the zip found in the link in your sig) and it works great! thanks gadgetfreak! have u thought about including an icon that will make the htc task manager match the rest? is that hard to do? i'd love to see my taskbar completely matched when on home screen

i just installed dwizzy's new microsoft logo start button, looks a bit large and out of place in the screenshot with the GFrom taskbar but its not so bad on the device in person, it would be awesome if gadgetfreak could shrink it down and/or block it in as with all the other icons to make it match perfectly *hint hint*
Reshack has has some issues with WM 6.5 stuff, and it is a lot more time consuming than PE explorer. WinCE cab Manager is a lot more robust and user friendly. I have yet to be able to make a cab that works with the alternatives from XDA.

Glad that other cab works. I guess I need to update the post...

I'll take a look at that start logo and see what I can do. May take a couple of days as my plate ispretty full these days...
Old 08-25-2009, 11:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

kasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good workkasim is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I did install install first.cab from first page, then installed WM_6.5_BlockTaskBarIcons.cab and now my battery icon is gone, instead i have digital clock, when i click on it, it shows upcoming appointments. How can i restore my battery icon, actually that's the main reason i've installed this to see percentage left.

Oh, i have vogue, CDMA with this rom: 08.18.09 WinMo6.5 Sprint,Verizon,Generic ROM SYS 23016 .NO MANILA

BTW, i've killed
batti.exe

Thanx all

Last edited by kasim; 08-25-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Pocket PC Themes > WM6.5.x PPC Themes