PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Hacks/Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wireless Tether for HTC Trophy

Seriously considering a move to the Trophy but MUST have wireless tether (without associated fees). Is there a proven, working solution for the WP7 that will work for the Trophy?
Old 05-27-2011, 04:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Wireless Tether for HTC Trophy

Nothing as of yet, I'm getting a trophy but holding onto a WM 6.5 phone, just in case, I could always log into verizon and do a ESN swap for a day till the hackers come out with one.

It's just a matter of time....

Keep an eye on XDA's WP7 area, they are more tending to hacking than it is here..

Edit: Here's a thread about some phones with Wired tethering... I double checked, WI-FI Tethering with any WP7 phone, locked or unlocked is not happening as of right now, maybe with Mango (fall time)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=929868

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 05-27-2011 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Thanks for the update. I haven't purchased the Trophy yet and I'm not convinced I will. My last WM6.5 phone (the Imagio) was great but the OS was a train wreck. I was pretty impressed with the new 4G LTE Samsung Android phones. Decisions, decisions.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:06 AM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0adman View Post
Thanks for the update. I haven't purchased the Trophy yet and I'm not convinced I will. My last WM6.5 phone (the Imagio) was great but the OS was a train wreck. I was pretty impressed with the new 4G LTE Samsung Android phones. Decisions, decisions.
Just remember, 6.5 was based off of 6.0/6.1 code, just more of a interface update. To really get 6.5 running great you had to build your own rom or get a custom one, the factory ones stunk and suffered with performance issues.

Windows Phone 7 is a total re-write from ground up, so it's nothing like nor uses the same applications. Don't base WP7 off a 6.5 device, it's not even in the same class.

The general reviews of Windows Phone 7 say it's as good if not better (a bunch think better) than iOS or Android, so play with it before saying no.

4G-LTE is all depending on where you live and work, if you have coverage than It might be a nice option but, I live in a area where it's spotty VZW coverage where I live, so getting LTE for me won't happen for quite a long time, I figure on my next contract I might look at it. (they are also talking about charging more for LTE phones, so keep that in mind)
Old 06-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Boy were you right on DavidinCT. This WP7 OS on the htc Trophy is pretty fantastic, especially compared to WM6.5. I'm quite pleased. Now to figure out how to expand the color palette options for the tiles, customize the tile titles, textures and size and enable wireless tether I'm set! I wouldn't mind have Google Nav on this thing as well.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:11 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Boy were you right on DavidinCT. This WP7 OS on the htc Trophy is pretty fantastic, especially compared to WM6.5. I'm quite pleased. Now to figure out how to expand the color palette options for the tiles, customize the tile titles, textures and size and enable wireless tether I'm set! I wouldn't mind have Google Nav on this thing as well.
A lot of people say the same thing about the tiles personally I would love to have textured tiles and a floating background image just to make it look a little nicer. You can change colors and the bacground color (I think just white or black) but, not much more than that. I guess the foucus is more on the content and data vs. the look, I guess it's ok...for now.

I don't have one but, I will finally get one on Monday...but, I have been reading and following from the early betas of it. It is pretty impressive. Monday can't come soon enough !

Did you get one ?

Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-03-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
A lot of people say the same thing about the tiles personally I would love to have textured tiles and a floating background image just to make it look a little nicer. You can change colors and the bacground color (I think just white or black) but, not much more than that. I guess the foucus is more on the content and data vs. the look, I guess it's ok...for now.

I don't have one but, I will finally get one on Monday...but, I have been reading and following from the early betas of it. It is pretty impressive. Monday can't come soon enough !

Did you get one ?
Yes, I got one. Unfortunately I keep finding things it's missing, especially compared to my rooted Droid X, and it's frustrating. It currently cannot send a video from the phone in any media. The only way to get video off the phone is to plug it into a PC using Zune. Bing Maps has no equivalent to Google Nav. There's no decent file explorer. Mango better make this a whole new phone. I'm still keeping my eye on the upcoming Android devices.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Yes, I got one. Unfortunately I keep finding things it's missing, especially compared to my rooted Droid X, and it's frustrating. It currently cannot send a video from the phone in any media. The only way to get video off the phone is to plug it into a PC using Zune. Bing Maps has no equivalent to Google Nav. There's no decent file explorer. Mango better make this a whole new phone. I'm still keeping my eye on the upcoming Android devices.
Look, I did a review of it..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/2112649-post10.html

It's not perfect by any means. Keep in mind Windows Phone 7 has been out, what ? 7 months now ? Android 3-5 years now, same with the iPhone.

You've got the first version with a few minor updates on it. Mango will be impressive and add tons of features. And even then it will be V 2 of WP7.

If your looking for a phone to just copy files off when you want, sad to say, this not the phone for you. Look through the hacking area on XDA, there is a lot of things that might make it more usabe (one to turn it to a USB drive without unlocking, so you might be able to pull some files off with out using zune)

The other apps your looking for will come in time, talk a look in the Windows Phone 7 Development and Hacking on XDA. This is a nice fourm but, XDA is more on development and hacking, so you can really see new apps that are people are working on and lots of discussion on stuff that is out or coming.

Enjoy it but, keep in mind, lots of cool stuff will be here, you just gota wait a bit.

Edit: USB storage program, read a little, don't need to be unlocked and can be reversed (I did it on mine).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1069568

Last edited by DavidinCT; 06-08-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

My buddy works at MS and may get access to the Mango beta and will be allowed to install it on all the phones on his plan, including mine. I'm excited to see what they've improved already. I realize WP7 is first gen but it just shows how far behind M$ in this space.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:36 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
My buddy works at MS and may get access to the Mango beta and will be allowed to install it on all the phones on his plan, including mine. I'm excited to see what they've improved already. I realize WP7 is first gen but it just shows how far behind M$ in this space.
If you can hook me up too (I'm a MS tester for years), I would be a very happy camper too
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Hacks/Tweaks