PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Hacks/Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
ChevronWP7 Unlocker

For those of you that didn't get a chance to download the ChevronWP7 Unlocker before they pulled it, you can still find it here:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

(or here's a version that removes the side load limit of 10 - http://www.mediafire.com/?os9hxw12bydl8nq)

I've also attached the .cer file needed for this to work. Just unzip that file and email it to yourself, then you can open from your phone and install the certificate.

Then just...

-Plug in phone and leave Zune running
-Run chevronwp7.exe, click both checkboxes
-Click unlock

You might also need to install/download the MS Windows Phone Developer Tools, found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

More info here: ChevronWP7 Unlocker & Cert download - *here* + video tutorial - xda-developers

Then, if you have an HTC device and aren't afraid to write things to the registry, you can prevent MS from relocking your phone with this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=17

NOTE: Once MS releases their update, its been reported that this hole for unlocking your phone will be patched, so if you update your phone, you'll lose the ability to side load and edit the registry until a new way is found.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ChevronWP7.zip (967 Bytes, 139 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by mindfrost82; 01-12-2011 at 11:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hd7
Carrier: tmobile

rare1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ChevronWP7 Unlocker

new to the wp7 family....once i do this,are there apps avaliable now to sideload or is that still a work in progress
Old 02-17-2011, 12:54 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I missed this, thanks frosty!
Old 02-21-2011, 03:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: iPhone 3GS
Carrier: SINGTEL

aquawater is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Wondering if this still works if I buy the phone now?
but thanks anyway for these mirrors.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo3D/EvoShift/Arrive(Gold_C)/A100/A500/GALAXY10.1
Carrier: Sprint

mapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmapaz04 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I knew it was in vein but I tried anyways so thought I would report... Does not work on the HTC ARRIVE... I knew it would not but... I had hopes... they just came crashing down though... jejeje
Old 04-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
I'm hearing a new unlocker is eminent....

Sent from my HTC Schubert using Board Express
Old 04-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

yeah, touchxperience is supposed to be freaking awesome and whole new toolset that supposedly works on nodo
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Hacks/Tweaks