PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > Windows Phone 7 Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I'm still holding out hope that htc will eventually launch a 4.3 inch slider .
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Downgrade a WinPhone7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Yea, yea, yea, rub it in...

Know what would be really cool, Most WP7 phones run at 1ghz+, most 6.5 based phones (Tp2, etc) run around 400-528mhz. Someone needs to make a 6.5 emulator, running at around TP2 speeds (not as fast as a HD2 but, reasonable), with access to games, phone, internet.

That would rock, then everyone with a WP7 phone could have 6.5 if they wanted...
Yeah that would be pretty awesome, but I think the hardware would have to be more robust in order to emulate a "528mhz" device. Regardless, an emulator would be such a fantastic tool for someone like myself who insists on having the best tidbits of each OS in one.

I would go nuts for an HD2-like device on Sprint solely because of the 3 OS solution. Hell, I'd even give up the hardware keyboard to which I'm so attached!
Old 02-05-2011, 03:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
Yeah that would be pretty awesome, but I think the hardware would have to be more robust in order to emulate a "528mhz" device. Regardless, an emulator would be such a fantastic tool for someone like myself who insists on having the best tidbits of each OS in one.

I would go nuts for an HD2-like device on Sprint solely because of the 3 OS solution. Hell, I'd even give up the hardware keyboard to which I'm so attached!
It might be possable if they can make it like they make Android on the TP2, by closing WM and opening Android, I'm sure it's possable.

I would not expect the emulated system run top speed games but, there is a lot of apps that run on WM that you might never see on WP7...but, if you could "close" WP7 and start 6.5, that would be cool...but, it would be different for every phone.

The emulator was thought to be the easyest way to run on all WP7 phones that are unlocked... if possable of course

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 02-08-2011, 04:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Axim X50v / VZW XV6800
Carrier: T-mobile / Verizon

MrMocoCoco is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
It might be possable if they can make it like they make Android on the TP2, by closing WM and opening Android, I'm sure it's possable.

I would not expect the emulated system run top speed games but, there is a lot of apps that run on WM that you might never see on WP7...but, if you could "close" WP7 and start 6.5, that would be cool...but, it would be different for every phone.

The emulator was thought to be the easyest way to run on all WP7 phones that are unlocked... if possable of course
I may be mistaken but I thought that I saw on XDA that there was a version of 6.5, in the works, that would boot from the SD card.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

The420Dank is keeping up the good workThe420Dank is keeping up the good work

I just don't understand why you would want to go back to 6.5, WP7 is just so beautiful.

I had 6.5 on my TP2 and I've been doing this for a while, was a great OS but compared to WP7, no contest.
Old 03-31-2011, 04:14 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Plus one.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMocoCoco View Post
I may be mistaken but I thought that I saw on XDA that there was a version of 6.5, in the works, that would boot from the SD card.
it was rumored Cotulla was working on it, but that was months ago and we haven't even seen a hint of this.

I would love this because then I could run WP7 from NAND, and Android and WM6.5.x on SD and have a true tri-boot.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:46 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I would buy a windows phone 7 if this were possible .
Old 04-18-2011, 04:41 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Tri-boot just sounds cool!! =)=)

Old 06-15-2011, 05:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

bobdylan21221 is a n00b