PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Phone 7 Applications (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   what weather app auto updates your location and weather ? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=136757)

Floods7 11-10-2010 03:21 PM

what weather app auto updates your location and weather ?

Anyone know of an app that automatically updates your location and weather on the home screen? all the apps I've seen update the weather automatically but if u change ur location it doesn't provide weather updates for ur current locations. I think HTC weather auto updates ur location but it doesn't put the info on the home screen

citats 11-10-2010 11:36 PM

Re: what weather app auto updates your location and weather ?

weatherbug.
edit, I can't be sure tho, as I go into the app often so if it updates when I do that... well.

Floods7 11-11-2010 01:58 PM

Yah I have the weatherbug and weather channel app. But they dint update your location.

mindfrost82 12-03-2010 03:57 PM

I don't know of any either. I started using WeatherBug right away and took off the HTC Sense hub (seems like a waste to me). I know in Sense you can have it locate you, but I don't know if the live tile updates with your location or not.

darren.wlsn1 12-03-2010 05:16 PM

little more info. on weather bug and on android it updates location so not sure why it wouldnt on wp.
WeatherBug for WP7 Includes First Third-Party Live Tile (Video)

mindfrost82 12-04-2010 09:06 AM

Yeah, both WeatherBug and The Weather Channel apps in Android will follow your location, but neither offer that setting in WP7.

murtynvr 12-12-2010 10:26 PM

i tried weather channel and weatherbug and they both do not update the location. weather channel does not even push to home screen. Weather bug does.

mindfrost82 12-15-2010 08:43 PM

If you have an HTC phone, there's an update to the HTC Hub that now has a Live Tile and will update your location.

I don't use it since I like to get severe weather alerts and I don't think the HTC Hub does this.

jessiethe3rd 12-23-2010 05:53 PM

Could be something to do with the backend or even the GPS API or the lack of multitasking? Regardless - mine doesn't update either which kind of sucks since I am back and forth between Vancouver, BC and Seattle a lot.

gorelow 01-11-2011 01:41 PM

last post on here 3 weeks ago so im wondering if anyone has found another weather app that does location follow. by the way weather bug does if you just click update. im a flight attendent and i do it all the time but you have to have "use wireless networks" checked of course