PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nipplar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool vTap - Streaming Video for WM5/WM6

Didn't see this listed yet, just released yesterday...

Quote from Robert Scoble (http://scobleizer.com/)

"What’s so cool about it?

It’s a search system that works pretty well.

But when you find a video show you want to watch (my show is in the search engine, for instance) and then you want to watch the show it does all the hard lifting for you.

If it’s not in the right format for your phone it converts it to the right format on the fly. This rocks because it makes video usable."

This in an awesome app if you have been streaming video podcasts with Orb and don't like having to leave your PC on or deal with codecs or if you are like me and ust really like video. The built in search is great and also has a Wikipedia tab.

I used it for some of my favorite rev3 shows and tikibar and the quality is good over wifi and evdo, there are a few quality options for audio and video to play with too.

and yes, does youtube stuff etc

I installed on my SD card and it works fine, about 1 meg or so installed.

http://www.vtap.com/alldevices.html
Old 09-11-2007, 01:29 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Ok, I downloaded this and dropped it into my 700wx running WM5. The Wikipedia function worked as anticipated...however I can't get the "Webclips" tab to activiate. I went to the developers site and it was really no help. I fired off an email to the developer asking about the Webclip function.

Anyone else try this?

late,
Coz

EDIT: I've attached the zip file. Download, unpack, and install the cab.
Attached Files
File Type: zip vTap.zip (710.6 KB, 366 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by CozBoogie; 09-14-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:36 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
i'm DL'ing it now....
Old 09-11-2007, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

prototypedc is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to prototypedc Send a message via MSN to prototypedc Send a message via Yahoo to prototypedc
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Ok, I downloaded this and dropped it into my 700wx running WM5. The Wikipedia function worked as anticipated...however I can't get the "Webclips" tab to activiate. I went to the developers site and it was really no help.

Anyone else try this?

late,
Coz
i tried this to and it looks like were in the same boat =/
Old 09-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Coz-erator

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
I fired off an email to the developers...I'll let y'all know what they say.

late,
Coz
Old 09-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Coz-erator

UPDATE: Here's how to get to Webclips...straight from Tony at Veveo:

"Sorry for the confusion on this.

To change data spaces, press the up button (d-pad) until you are at the search text box. Then press up one more time, at this point, you can press left, or right to change data spaces."

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 09-11-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:39 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
wow, I'm kinda impressed with this, it does pretty much what it claims. Video is smooth and clear as well, only wish you could alter some of the buffer settings ect. But like I said this is promising. I tried searching for varios video sources and codecs of video files and it handled them all.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700w

jmodica1 is a n00b
have this installed on my treo and it works great. i have to say this is a fairly phenomenal little program. i wonder what tab they'll add next
Old 09-11-2007, 06:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch [ROM: WDM's M2D 1.4]

Naldecon is a n00b
Great find.. works great on PPC6700 WM6
Old 09-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Coz-erator

I must admit that I haven't yet been able to get any videos to play. However I have very crappy service at work and will try again tonight when I'm home.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software