PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/01/2010

Updated January 1, 2010

Updated moon phases through year 2012 (thanks to member gator, who assembled the moon data this year).

Note: When upgrading, the best way to save your current settings is to copy the weatherpanel.dll file to your installation directory (don't use the cab file)...

See the WeatherPanel download index for more WeatherPanel stuff...

----------------------------------------------

A consolidated version of WeatherPanel for 2010. This is a free version, with these enhancements:
  • Authorization fix
  • Hourly data fix (updated January 3, 2009)
  • Moon phase table good through December 31, 2012 (thanks gator)

Notes:
  • Download the file and unzip
  • Copy the CAB file to your device and install
  • If replacing, manually remove your previous version (be sure to keep files/settings when asked) - then install this version. This method should ensure you keep all of your settings.
  • Soft reset to initiate the hourly data fix

Code:
01/03/2010 - Update:
   * Extended moon phase data through year 2012.
01/03/2009 - Minor update:
   * Adjusted hourly data fix - again! Incorporated GMT offset into date calculations (thanks to tcbusch, who analyzed and developed the gmt offset logic).
01/01/2009 - Minor update:
   * Adjusted hourly data fix for 2009. The gap has increased by
     366 days.
10/13/2008 - Minor update:
   * Fixed a bug in the "hourly data fix" script that prevented WP from
     using hourly forecast data as current conditions data expired.
   * Modified hourly data fix script to always run from main storage - 
     which fixes the issue where the script dialog would show after 
     every soft reset (when WP was installed to storage card).
Important: To ensure you keep your previous settings, first manually uninstall WeatherPanel (Start -> Settings -> System -> Remove Programs) - and be sure to answer "No" to the prompt "Delete files and settings?". Then install this version...
Attached Files
File Type: cab WeatherPanel_2010.CAB (2.43 MB, 3651 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip WeatherPanel.DLL.zip (59.2 KB, 1758 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by storyr; 01-02-2010 at 02:24 PM.
This post has been thanked 400 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WeatherPanel Freaks: WeatherPanel Program Download Updated 01/03/2009

Here is the fixed dll that works.

A little over a year ago I recieved an email telling me that weather.com was going to require authentication. At that time I knew WeatherPanel was going to stop working when this policy was enforced. I thought about how to overcome this issue and created a webserver redirection scheme that would embed the auhentication into the url query that weatherpanel sends to weather.com. Ihave been sitting on the code for over a year waiting for the day that arrived earlier in the week. I explained the details of the fix a few posts ago.
Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and posting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.

The only thing I ask in return is for you to hit the green thanks button.
Attached Files
File Type: zip WeatherPanel.zip (58.6 KB, 1495 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tcbusch; 07-09-2009 at 08:58 AM.
This post has been thanked 227 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 08:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post

A little over a year ago I recieved an email telling me that weather.com was going to require authentication. At that time I knew WeatherPanel was going to stop working when this policy was enforced. I thought about how to overcome this issue and created a webserver redirection scheme that would embed the auhentication into the url query that weatherpanel sends to weather.com. Ihave been sitting on the code for over a year waiting for the day that arrived earlier in the week. I explained the details of the fix a few posts ago.
Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and poting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.
PPCGeeks always comes through... amazing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: droid
Carrier: vzw

mckenph is just getting started

Quote:

Anyways, I implimented my fix on a server to verify it worked. I sent the files to venusware.net, not sure if the venusware.net owner wants to be known so I'll just say thanks!! He and I both tested it and it works too. So here it is. I believe Storyr will be creating new cabs and posting them on this thread. For those of you who dont want to wait just disable your weatherpanel plugin, which is probably already disabled, and replace the weatherpanel.dll with this one. Its located in your Program Files/ Marsware/Weatherpanel directory.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. That is great. Life is good again........for now.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:08 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:

Ur the man!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

OMG it works, this is awesome!!

~John
Old 07-09-2009, 09:30 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:

Just wanted to confirm it working!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: T-Mobile

dmc78 is a n00b

Can someone put the WeatherPanel file back up for download?? Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Threadstarter

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community

CAB file is back up on first post.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchocmatic is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to chocmatic Send a message via MSN to chocmatic Send a message via Yahoo to chocmatic

WOOT WOOT ...like nas said, "You're the man"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
weatherpanel