PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 10:54 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
H1N1 Pandemy Flu Alert (APP)

I wasn't gonna post this, since some may find this to be a pointless app., however some are in areas where their exposure to this real problem is much greater. Anyway, here it is, the H11 Alert!

H1N1 Pandemy Flu Alert Description

This program recognizes your current location, from GPS Receiver, download the registered flu cases from the Internet database, and in case the closest flu was near your location, it will alert you by red screen and special sounds.

This program runs on every Windows Mobile phone.
The screen type and size is not a matter.

After the initial run, only 3 steps, it will download flu cases report automatically, and invisible for you. Only in case of alert you, it will display the red screen and play sounds. What you can be sure, and needn't check it manually every time.

Step 1:

Please read the initial descriptions. You can set the alert distance (radius) range. This is the radius around your own location, to alert you when (at least the one) recognized flu case was iside this circle.

Step 2:Set own location. You can write it manually, or you use GPS Receiver. Decide if you want to get own location every time please note: GPS Receiver consumes battery, and in some situation needs more time to get location. Alternatively, you can use the last known location.

Step 3:

Download report. It needs your phone to be connected to Internet. You can set downloading to run automatically. In this mode, it runs invisible, only in case of alert, it will display on the top of screen. You can test, how the alert will look.

Additionally.

After the red screen, you can download the map to preview your location and the closest flu case.

Please note:

To disable the automatic downloading, you have to set the period in Step 3 to "never: manually". In this case, you download new flu cases report at your will.

H1N1 Pandemy Flu Alert Screenshots

Attached Files
File Type: cab H1N1.ALERT.SETUP.cab (165.6 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP/MR5 and TP/Juicy 7
Carrier: Sprint Only The Best

bayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good workbayushikitsune is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bayushikitsune
Re: H1N1 Pandemy Flu Alert (APP)

...hmm seems like there is 2 forums on the same thing. Think this one is better. Will post link to this one over there.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:39 AM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

If this was already posted, I couldn't find it. The mods can remove this thread if it is redundant. As I said, I didn't see it anywhere though.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If this had been posted on Apr 1 I would have laughed... now I just gotta shake my head.
Old 05-09-2009, 03:03 PM
"MODS"
Threadstarter

I would have laughed if this was an April Fools joke too, however this is not a joke application or matter really. The swine flu is very real and this application does do what it says it does. Almost funny, but not really. You can shake your head, but that doesn't make the reality of this matter disappear. As I stated originally, I almost didn't post this app. but someone out there might actually use it.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
I would have laughed if this was an April Fools joke too, however this is not a joke application or matter really. The swine flu is very real and this application does do what it says it does. Almost funny, but not really. You can shake your head, but that doesn't make the reality of this matter disappear. As I stated originally, I almost didn't post this app. but someone out there might actually use it.
No doubt, man... I feel ya... it's just that I'm still running this avian flu app and I feel out of step, you know what I mean?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software