PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 08:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 and Garmin Mobile XT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev800x View Post
Is there a reason why I cannot install it anymore? I try autorun and it just errors out saying unable to install. I am able to create a shortcut off of my storage card to the start menu and it runs just fine that way but I would rather have installed on the phone's memory.

I had that same problem when I went from my vogue to the TP. All you need to do is install Garmin again, not the maps just the EXE software on your PC. It will reinstall the 2577 file on your sd card and it will install fine from then on. Good luck, let me know if this works, cuz it did on mine.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 07-24-2009, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

setox is becoming a great contributor

it works for me but as of recently its been really laggy when upgraded to 6.5 and at points sometimes the map will freeze and when i look it shows me 3 miles ago on a straight road... im using mightyrom 6.5
Old 07-25-2009, 07:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

slypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on repslypher is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Works for me, except for the standard Touch Pro lag issue.

-s

Funniest thread ever!!

Don't just SAY "Thanks" PRESS ... Try it, it only takes a second!
Old 08-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro on Alltel
Carrier: Alltel

rev800x is becoming a great contributor

I got it to work. Not sure why but it worked this time. All other times it just gave me an error saying something about cannot install. Installed and working great now!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

I installed 4.2 version then upgraded it to the latest from Garmins site. I have yet to hear it give any voice commands. Shouldn't it say something when I pick a destination and hit GO. Under settings/audio/voice/ there is nothing there. Am I missing the voice files?Any help is appreciated. It's running great on my Diamond with Energy ROM 6.5 no lag or hangups so far, other than the voice part not working.

Edit: found this file, now voice working great! GarminMobileXTSupportFiles_4xxxx

Last edited by gullzway; 08-06-2009 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff

I use Garmin Mobile XT 5.00.20wp and have not had problems with any WM 6.5 ROMs. I've used at least one or more WM 6.5 versions of the following ROMs without Garmin giving me any problems:
  • EnergyROM - currently using
  • Merdin
  • StarROM
  • MightyROM
  • Juicy
  • SsS ROM
Old 08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

rajmmanohar is a n00b
Cool Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 and Garmin Mobile XT?

I own a sprint Touch Diamond.

I would like to upgrade it to 6.5. I already bricked a Touch and bought this Touch Diamond This time I want to be carefull and seek your expert advice. I am following some threads to do it and ended up looking at this thread which shows lot of successfull people here.

Could anyone please walk me through the steps to upgrade it? The other thread there to upgrade is missing something I hope or I cannot follow it that screwed my Touch.

I cannot spend another $200 so I wanted to get an expert advice from you guys.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited by rajmmanohar; 08-07-2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:44 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajmmanohar View Post
I own a sprint Touch Diamond.

I would like to upgrade it to 6.5. I already bricked a Touch and bought this Touch Diamond This time I want to be carefull and seek your expert advice. I am following some threads to do it and ended up looking at this thread which shows lot of successfull people here.

Could anyone please walk me through the steps to upgrade it? The other thread there to upgrade is missing something I hope or I cannot follow it that screwed my Touch.

I cannot spend another $200 so I wanted to get an expert advice from you guys.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Uhh, this thread is about the Garmin Mobile Software. Try looking in the HTC Diamond upgrade forum. The second Sticky is titled "How To's: Unlocking, Relocking, Flashing, Dumping and Troubleshooting" It has everything you need to know there! http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=36062
Old 08-09-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

Thursday is keeping up the good workThursday is keeping up the good work

I use it with every rom I use on my phone. The thing is great, pretty darn accurate. There is lag but I do a few key registry edits and am left with very little lag. You may notice it at first but after a few times you get used to that small lag and adjust accordingly without realizing it.

Here are the edits I do. I didn't find these, all credit to omega01 over ad XDA. These edits are usually the first things I do when flashing. Wish I could figure out how to add it to a cab or my Sashimi so I don't have to do it manually.

But enough of my blabbing off to the goods, hope this helps those who had no prior knowledge of these edits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega01
A lot of people have problems with the TouchPro GPS especially for pedestrian use...

From stock the TP GPS is quite unsable in car especially with TomTom 7 and totally unusable for pedestrian use.

After 2 weeks of reading and testing tweaks, here are the results of my tests and the applied tweaks to enhance the GPS performance

A. With Advanced config 3.2 http://www.touchxperience.com/fr/out...ol-32-cab.html

1. disable A-GPS
2. disable GPS logging
3. logfile name must be empty
4. old logfile name must be empty
5. maximum size of logfile must be 0
6 delete the files : \windows\GPSLogFile.txt and \windows\GPSLogFileBack.txt

7. it seems that if TomTom is installed on a fast microSD decrease the lag(have to test to be sure)

With those changes car usage will be quite perfect

B. Then edit registry with TotalCommander http://ghisler.fileburst.com/ce/tcmdpocketarm.cab

Under: HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\GPS Intermediate Driver\

- Drivers\GpsOneDevice\PollInterval -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Drivers\InputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\OutputBufferSize -> 512 (default is 4096)
- Drivers\SleepOnNoData -> 100 (default is 1000)
- Multiplexer\MaxBufferSize -> 512 (by default not present, you have to create it)

Tests to be done with buffers at 256...seems to be a little better
Tests to be done with other PollInterval value...seems to "drain" battery

With those tweaks pedestrian usage will be much better but not perfect...I explain.

You have to walk for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map (before that, speed is always 0km/h) and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...and the speed reflect reality

...BUT if you stops you have to walk again for a least 250m in order to have a reposition with mouvement on the map and then if you continue to walk there is quite no lag...

Very strange indeed...

I hope this will help people...please test and feedback.

PS : tests were done with
TomTom_Navigator_7.450.9028_R3_VGA_black_edition
GoogleMaps 2.2.0.16 -- http://www.google.be/gmm/GoogleMaps.CAB
Old 08-10-2009, 01:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bold 9650

ekz13 is becoming a great contributor

no issues w/ the diamond running MR

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software