PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Full YouTube/Google Video Access-Updated 1/24/2008 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6623)

CozBoogie 07-30-2007 03:09 PM

Full YouTube/Google Video Access-Updated 1/24/2008

5 Attachment(s)
UPDATED 1/24/2008 with FlashVideoBundle version 1.4.4!

Thanks to zbop over at TC for this:

Latest News:
Version 1.4.4 posted 1/22/2008
- fixed youtube, stage6, crunchyroll
- added fix so that youtube.com defaults to "full" version
- added joox.net, quicksliverscreen.com, pronshare.com
- removed kewego, guba, tv-links, videovat

Installation instructions:
1) If you already have TCPMP installed, uninstall it now.
2) Install this version of TCPMP, linked below:
PPC version
Smartphone version
3) Install FlashVideoBundle.CAB attached below. This MUST be installed in the same location as TCPMP (Device or Storage Card)
4) Soft-reset
5) Go to Start Menu->Programs->Video Sites and start streaming!

Supported sites:
(see "Video Sites" start page for complete list)

Requirements:
WM5 or WM6
Pocket IE
Fast, stable network connection

The VideoLoader plugin is not compatible with PPC 2003SE or below, and it is not compatible with Opera, NetFront, Picsel, etc. However, it is compatible with PiePlus and MultiIE.

Credits:
t2k269 and fmarozz at sourceforge.net for the initial FLV plugin work and streaming modifications.
And of course, the developers who originally created TCPMP.

Notes:
Feel free to redistribute FlashVideoBundle, but please link back to this thread so that others can report problems or make requests. Also note that some of the components in this CAB are covered by GPL and should be distributed appropriately:
GPL License
GPL FAQ

In keeping with the GPL, the source code is available HERE and below.
EDIT: once I figure out how to get past the size restrictions.

For more information, also check the README-fvb.txt file once installed.

FAQ:
Please see the following post if you are have questions or issues, FAQ here

Links for you mobile users:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1185826609
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...1&d=1201194177

late,
Coz

EDIT 6/26/08: For Mogul users having problems please go to this post. Thanks to syanni85 for this.

CozBoogie 04-04-2008 12:13 AM

Re: Full YouTube/Google Video Access-Updated 1/24/2008

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by phelony (Post 240140)
Does anyone know if this works on Smartphones?

Try the attached.

late,
Coz

syanni85 06-26-2008 02:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Beefy84532 (Post 326798)
Could you please repost? I cant find it anywhere else and its no longer there.
Thanks

here... with the mogul you can install all 3 and should have no problems with tcpmp (although it will load videos in streaming media, so you don't really need tcpmp).... if you are using a vogue with the new update and want tcpmp please use the revised for 6.1 version...

remember, install 838Pro first, don't reset, then RvBcrs, then you can reset if you don't want tcpmp

it works with the mobile youtube site m.youtube.com

Mr_Beefy84532 06-27-2008 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syanni85 (Post 327432)
here... with the mogul you can install all 3 and should have no problems with tcpmp (although it will load videos in streaming media, so you don't really need tcpmp).... if you are using a vogue with the new update and want tcpmp please use the revised for 6.1 version...

remember, install 838Pro first, don't reset, then RvBcrs, then you can reset if you don't want tcpmp

Thank you very much.

rudygppc 06-27-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by syanni85 (Post 327432)

hey thanks for the link. i downloaded your vogue setup cab on my kaiser tilt and went to the default browser. typed up youtube annd was redirected to m.youtb. clicked a video link and walla it works. it did not load up tcmp but media streamer v3.0h. it ran great. by the way i am running a cook rom ported from diamondwm6.1 i hope this helps anyone looking for a solution. if tcmp isnt for you then try another free software. like vtap. search vtap for ppc.

syanni85 06-27-2008 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rudygppc (Post 328555)
hey thanks for the link. i downloaded your vogue setup cab on my kaiser tilt and went to the default browser. typed up youtube annd was redirected to m.youtb. clicked a video link and walla it works. it did not load up tcmp but media streamer v3.0h. it ran great. by the way i am running a cook rom ported from diamondwm6.1 i hope this helps anyone looking for a solution. if tcmp isnt for you then try another free software. like vtap. search vtap for ppc.

this method isn't suppose to use tcpmp, i just threw it in there because its the most useful free media player.

glad it worked for you and Mr_Beefy

theevilmonkee 06-27-2008 11:39 AM

ugh i downloaded the streaming media and whenever i paste a link in the box and click 'connect', it just reads 'stopped' and the video won't play.

syanni85 06-27-2008 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theevilmonkee (Post 328715)
ugh i downloaded the streaming media and whenever i paste a link in the box and click 'connect', it just reads 'stopped' and the video won't play.

unfortunately, for all i know, the streaming media technique with the 2 cab files is only good for m.youtube.com... doesn't seem to work with anything else. :(

arizona john 06-27-2008 12:29 PM

does this work with alltel also ? do i need to load it on my laptop and sink them or load it on the phone ?

syanni85 06-27-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arizona john (Post 328791)
does this work with alltel also ? do i need to load it on my laptop and sink them or load it on the phone ?

this will work with any service provider... just put the cabs on a storage card, run the cabs and install to device.

don't soft reset until all is installed.. than reset and youre good to go