PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

saturnine_ is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Full YouTube/Google Video Access-Updated 1/24/2008

Issue #1: Saved videos are choppy

Issue #2: fullscreen is not working.

I had used TCPMP on a Touch w/WM6.0 on the player's default settings with no problem. After upgrading to 6.1 & using the newer TCPMP (TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB) on default settings, video is severely choppy when playing from a saved file. Streaming is ok, not great. The files I'm trying to play are .flv files saved thru TCPMP/Flash video bundle.

Also, when I hit the fullscreen button, the screen freezes but audio continues. If I tap the screen, it comes back to window mode no problem.

After switching from directdraw to raw video it seems to work fine now. Am I missing anything by not having directdraw as an option?

Is there an optimal configuration for a Touch running 6.1?

Many thanks.

Last edited by saturnine_; 07-02-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:24 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnine_ View Post
Issue #1: Saved videos are choppy

Issue #2: fullscreen is not working.

I had used TCPMP on a Touch w/WM6.0 on the player's default settings with no problem. After upgrading to 6.1 & using the newer TCPMP (TCPMP-0.72RC1-ARM-PPC-recomp-03.CAB) on default settings, video is severely choppy when playing from a saved file. Streaming is ok, not great. The files I'm trying to play are .flv files saved thru TCPMP/Flash video bundle.

Also, when I hit the fullscreen button, the screen freezes but audio continues. If I tap the screen, it comes back to window mode no problem.

After switching from directdraw to raw video it seems to work fine now. Am I missing anything by not having directdraw as an option?

Is there an optimal configuration for a Touch running 6.1?

Many thanks.
if you only use youtube, the other setup with separate cab files will stream videos with basically perfect smoothness, but it only works for youtube and utilizes streaming media, not tcpmp... quality is a little less than tcpmp, but you will not get choppy video during stream
Old 07-07-2008, 03:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Vogue)

kerkedagain is a n00b

Alright...i've formulated a workaround for the 'video link' error. Its not as easy as the one-two click, but it provides the end result: streaming or saved video. I've gotten it to work and my method requires Core Player (i have 1.2.5 build 4506) and Opera (i have 9.5 build 1184 from the kitchen).
Step 1: Go to desired site IN OPERA, not pie
Step 2: navigate to desired video
Step 3: press and hold link 'download this video'
Step 4: choose 'copy link location'
Step 5: go to Core Player then file/open url
Step 6: paste url, press ok

Viola! your video should load..if you want to save the video; paste link location into the address bar and it should prompt you to save. Disclaimer: i've only used this method in quicksilverscreen and joox, though i do have a slightly more complicated workaround if need be. Hope it works for ya!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: SPRING

motorpsycho is just getting started

if your video in tcpmp is choppy change your video settings to GDI or raw. do not select direct draw
Old 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700

gonzoret is a n00b

i downloaded it and it worked great then i did some upgrades and now i get a message says "youtube swf args not found" how can i make it work again?
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzoret View Post
i downloaded it and it worked great then i did some upgrades and now i get a message says "youtube swf args not found" how can i make it work again?
Try uninstalling both files, do a soft reset, reinstall both (making sure to put them in the same location), then do another soft reset.

Report back.

late,
Coz
Old 07-09-2008, 05:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

jameswho is a n00b

what is crash.txt flash bundle and tcmp does not work on windows mobile 6.1 I need help
Old 07-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameswho View Post
what is crash.txt flash bundle and tcmp does not work on windows mobile 6.1 I need help
there is a tcpmp for 6.1 ... it might even be in this thread.. try searching this thread title then clicking on the <files> link rather than entering the thread, thatll pull up all attatched files in this thread and its called vogue-tcpmp-6.1 or somethin like that.. its there like 4th or 5th one down
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:01 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Go to the first post and at the bottom of the first post is the link that I believe syanni85 is talking about.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc mogul
Carrier: sprint

jameswho is a n00b

thanks beacuse this was driving me crazy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software