PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

nawt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths
Have you run into any cases with v0.4 where it would not install the color icons? I tried this in the latest version on my Mogul and it did not install them. I got the prompt stating it did, but the \htchome directory contained all the old icons.
On my Mogul, I have colorful icons for the 6 tabs using 0.4 version. In case of conflicts with other programs or previous versions of the home plugin, I ran this script right after I updated the rom so there was nothing else on the phone at the time. I even did a soft reset after the rom update so the Sprint customization was not installed as well.
Old 07-26-2007, 05:45 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotekJunky
More specifically, can you change the default applications? I have absolutely no use for the comm manager icon, the backlight icon, the lock icon and the program launcher icon... Would love to be able to add custom ones here... Can someone point me in the right direction?
If I understand you correctly, you want to remove some or all of the default quicklaunch shortcuts and add your own. If that is the case, then 5th slot on the 2nd row of the quicklaunch which will be an icon with an X in the middle of it. Now start clicking the icons you want removed and they will delete. Then click the empty spaces to add new shortcuts.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: your mom
Carrier: Hopey McChange

LotekJunky is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotekJunky
More specifically, can you change the default applications? I have absolutely no use for the comm manager icon, the backlight icon, the lock icon and the program launcher icon... Would love to be able to add custom ones here... Can someone point me in the right direction?
If I understand you correctly, you want to remove some or all of the default quicklaunch shortcuts and add your own. If that is the case, then 5th slot on the 2nd row of the quicklaunch which will be an icon with an X in the middle of it. Now start clicking the icons you want removed and they will delete. Then click the empty spaces to add new shortcuts.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I had actually figured it out about 10 seconds after posting that. i tried to come back and edit my question to describe what I had done, but I kept on getting an "Internal Server Error" when trying to post. Is anyone else getting a lot of these "Internal Server Error" messages?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch diamond
Carrier: sprint

fgloryofgod23 is a n00b
any idea if this will work for 6700 or make it to work for 6700?

thanks
Old 07-26-2007, 06:19 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgloryofgod23

thanks
To my knowledge, the HTC Home Plug only works on WM6 at this time.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

rawr is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgloryofgod23

thanks
To my knowledge, the HTC Home Plug only works on WM6 at this time.
you're right. I tried it on my Titan with WM5 and it didn't work until i upgraded to WM6
Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
The three tab home plug is working with WM5. There is a thread around here somewhere......

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/htc-home-3-b...m-5-t7143.html

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

emunutz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Have you run into any cases with v0.4 where it would not install the color icons? I tried this in the latest version on my Mogul and it did not install them. I got the prompt stating it did, but the \htchome directory contained all the old icons.
I just tested it out and all went ok. I installed Original->Color->Original->Color and all was well. I've got a question, after you tried the color install, did the plugin re-enable itself? Also, if you are still having that problem, could you check to see if the plugin was actually disabled after launching the script (while the program is running of course)?

I'm still at work so I can't debug yet, but keep sending the feedback, I'm checking often.

My Website
PocketEmu.com

Current Projects
HTC Home Customizer
OpMon

If you're overwhelmed by the awesomeness of my software and would like to contribute to it's development, drop a little something here.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Lurker

m2singh is a n00b
Need help installing!!

I downloaded the file from my computer and extracted it but i dont know what to do now
Old 07-26-2007, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

emunutz is becoming a great contributor
Re: Need help installing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m2singh
I downloaded the file from my computer and extracted it but i dont know what to do now
Once the folder is extracted, copy it to your device (preferably to a Storage Card) and run the homecust.exe inside. The program will handle disabling the plugin and the launch a menu with the program options.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software