PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

emunutz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I didn't catch that before, I'll work on it right now...look for version 0.4 soon. Any other suggestions from anyone while I'm at it?

My Website
PocketEmu.com

Current Projects
HTC Home Customizer
OpMon

If you're overwhelmed by the awesomeness of my software and would like to contribute to it's development, drop a little something here.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:57 PM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
While I think the changing the plugin to a type "4" to make it moveable is a good idea for some, I prefer mine at its static location. Could you make it an option "Make Home Plugin Moveable" rather than mandatory?

Thanks for taking the time to create this and build in the improvements.

Old 07-26-2007, 01:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Stroths - Previous two requests, done. I'm done for the night, hope everyone likes it!

By the way, you can overwrite your previous install with this one and keep your settings and backup icons.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:48 AM

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Great work! I linked to your thread from my post over at pdaphonehome

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post640532

One of the mods asked if I would post a copy of your app there so they don't have to sign up here to get it. Do you mind if I do that?

---------------

Another feature possibility would be to add the HTC Audio Manager cab to your zip and give an option to install it and also set the reg key to default to the HTC Audio Manager when you use the music tab. The only problem with this is that it would add another 1mb to your zip file. The cab file can be downloaded at the link below if you are interested.

http://rapidshare.com/files/36721305...nager.cab.html

---------------

A guy over at XDA found a workaround for those whose city was not listed in the HTC Accuweather database. It basically adds an entry for htc.accuweather.com to the registry to point to an alternate IP address. He uses a freeware app to make the changes to the registry, but mortscript could do it pretty easily. You could then put an entry that states something like "Toggle Alternate Accuweather Database". Turning it on would go to the alternate IP and turning it off would just delete the redirect hosts entry in the registry. What do you think?

XDA Weather Changing Link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

How to Add a Host Manually with the Registry
http://windowsmobilepro.blogspot.com...n-windows.html

---------------

One last thing I can think of (for now) is an option for it to add a shortcut to itself in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. It would allow users to easily launch your app. If you do this, you should look into an icon.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

You are more than welcome to post it on PDAPhoneHome or anywhere else for that matter. As I have to run to work, I'll look over the weather stuff tonight. I'll be trying to add some more options this weekend, but reality might keep me busy for the next few days.

One note on the cab install, another option I've thought about, but to me kind of defeats the "ease of use". This will add an extra step before restoring after a hard-reset, however would make it much easier to reconfigure the settings later. I'm thinking about just having the program itself create a shortcut, that way after you've run it once, you'll have an icon in the start menu. I'm open to suggestions on this one.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

nawt is a n00b
emunutz

Thanks very much this. It has been working great on my Mogul since I installed last night. I am looking forward to any additions you might add, including the weather one as I live in a city not listed.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM

Have you run into any cases with v0.4 where it would not install the color icons? I tried this in the latest version on my Mogul and it did not install them. I got the prompt stating it did, but the \htchome directory contained all the old icons.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM

Have you run into any cases with v0.4 where it would not install the color icons? I tried this in the latest version on my Mogul and it did not install them. I got the prompt stating it did, but the \htchome directory contained all the old icons.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor
Does anyone know if you can change the Icons of your apps on the quicklaunch tab?
Old 07-26-2007, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: your mom
Carrier: Hopey McChange

LotekJunky is a n00b
More specifically, can you change the default applications? I have absolutely no use for the comm manager icon, the backlight icon, the lock icon and the program launcher icon... Would love to be able to add custom ones here... Can someone point me in the right direction?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software