PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2009, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[7/10] G-Trigger v0.9.1 (G-sensor based app launcher/speed dialer/task switcher/more)

Notable features per release:
G-Trigger v0.4 beta - speed dial support, mulitple media player support, disable/suspend app, and now has AppToDate support.
G-Trigger v0.5.1 beta - some bug fixing + 2 more actions. Refer to changelog below for more details
G-Trigger v0.6 beta - profile feature added, for quick change of the preset actions
G-Trigger v0.7 beta - auto trigger profile when specified program is active, some bug fixing + 2 more actions
G-Trigger v0.8 beta - Different actions for shaking device when FaceDown and shaking device when FaceUp, New user interface for organizing profiles with ease, and more, see changelog below for more details
G-Trigger v0.9.0 beta - Change Wallpaper (Today Screen, Manila Home & S2U2, show/hide on screen keyboard, and much more (see change log below for full details)
G-Trigger v0.9.1 beta - bug fixed

Check out post #2 of this thread to learn more about the shake detection.
Post #2 also contains some updated FAQ information.

Quote:
Quick guide to Auto Trigger:
If you want G-Trigger to behave differently for different active program, it's now possible. For example, you want left to right for playing next track, right to left for playing previous track, only if Windows Media Player is active then create a new profile, assign left to right for next track, right to left for previous track and check "Auto Trigger" with program name as wmplayer.exe. Bingo!!! Its done.
This is one of the coolest apps I have ever seen. It is a g-sensor based shake detector that works as a program launcher that detects the "shake" direction of your device and launches the corresponding app assigned to that gesture. Here is the xda thread about it, as well as the dev's site. Although still in beta, it works very well. It gives a slight vibration (which can be disabled) when the gesture has been accepted, which happens pretty quickly. The sensitivity of shake detection can also be changed. You can assign a program to launch based on the direction you shake your device.

Currently supported shaking directions:
  • Horizontally
    • Left to right
    • Right to left
  • Vertically
    • Top to bottom
    • Bottom to top
  • Front & Back
    • Front to back
    • Back to front
Currently supported actions:
  • Close/Minimize active window
  • Dial a number
  • Answer/Reject incoming call
  • Launch Program
  • Ringer Loud/Vibrate/Silent
  • Screen orientation
  • Send Keys*
  • Task Switch
  • Turn On/Off screen
  • WiFi On/Off/Toggle
  • Media Controls#
*Please refer to readme.txt for sending special keys, which is in the attached zip file along with the .cab.

#Currently supported media players are
  • Windows Media Player
  • S2P
  • Microfi Nitrogen
  • Core Player
  • TCPMP
  • Pocket Player
  • Pocket Music
  • Manila (TF3D) Music Tab
You can add exceptions too. G-TriggerService will be suspended till the program specified in exceptions list is active.Your phone obviously must have a G-Sensor (accelerometer) for this to work. Although the dev only has tested it on his Diamond, there have been reports on it working on the Touch HD and also on the Omnia. I can personally confirm it works on the Touch Pro as well.

Taken from the xda thread:
Quote:
Requirements:
WM6+
.Net Compact Framework v3.5
It does not seem to eat much battery, but it may consume around 2% of the CPU Usage while service is running.

Usage:
  • Transfer .cab file to any location in device.
  • Run the .cab file and install application to device storage.
  • Run the “G-Trigger” shortcut from programs.
  • Configure applications at “Shake Action” tab and click “Start” button to start the service.
  • Shake your phone and enjoy!
Screenshots:

Changelog

G-Trigger v0.9.1 beta [10-Jul-2009]
  • Fixed: Null reference bug on fresh installation
G-Trigger v0.9.0 beta [02-Jul-2009]
  • Added: Actions
    • Save Screenshot (BMP/JPG/PNG/GIF at predefined location)
    • Change Wallpaper (Today Screen, Manila Home & S2U2)
    • Show/Hide/Toggle On-Screen Keyboard (SIP)
  • Added: Added option to enable/disable debug logs
  • Added: Lower threshold value up to 5 for front-back actions
  • Added: Profile priority setting for auto-trigger profile option
  • Added: Included new samsung SDK for G-Sensor in setup
  • Fixed: Unable to detect screen is off on certain devices
  • Fixed: Auto Start Service on device boot up issue (introduced in 0.8.0)
  • Fixed: Few minor bugs
G-Trigger v0.8.1 beta [15-Jun-2009]
  • Fixed: Repeated debug logging like "There is something wrong with g-sensor! Lets refresh the sensor!"
G-Trigger v0.8.0 beta [14-Jun-2009]
  • Added: Different actions for shaking device when FaceDown and shaking device when FaceUp
  • Added: New user interface for organizing profiles with ease
  • Added: Auto-trigger profile option “Manila music is playing”
  • Added: Import/Export settings and/or profiles
  • Fixed: Samsung Omnia G-Sensor code to sort out issue of service crash after device is awake
  • Fixed: Auto-resize configuration utility dependent on resolution
  • Fixed: Faster editing of shake actions after opening edit profile once
  • Fixed: Modification to profile actions no more required to hit save button to make it active
  • Updated: Slight modification to shake algorithm to make front-back action more sensitive
  • Updated: new registry location ‘HKCU\Software\Kneps\G-Trigger’ (you will require to delete older location ‘HKCU\Software\G-Trigger’ manually, I apologize for this).
Past Version's Change Logs can be seen here.

I have to make the following disclaimer for not only the developer, but myself as well:
NOTE: Shake at your own risk. Although running this application does not seem to make any damage, I take no responsibility for any kind of damage caused to the device or data due to this application.

Quote:
If you want G-Trigger to behave differently for different active program, it's now possible. For example, you want left to right for playing next track, right to left for playing previous track, only if Windows Media Player is active then create a new profile, assign left to right for next track, right to left for previous track and check "Auto Trigger" with program name as wmplayer.exe. Bingo!!! Its done.

On behalf of the developer:
Quote:
Bugs / Suggestions / Ideas are invited.

Email: g-trigger@kneps.com
Visit: http://g-trigger.kneps.com

I accept donation:
Click here to donate.

Please do consider a donation, no matter how small, to developer if you like this app and want to see its further development.
Attached Files
File Type: zip G-Trigger-v0.9.1.zip (248.4 KB, 37 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 07-10-2009 at 02:07 PM. Reason: new version out
This post has been thanked 16 times.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [App] G-Trigger v0.1.0 (G-sensor based shake detector program launcher)

Take from the xda thread:
Quote:

How G-Trigger works:
G-TriggerService.exe application runs all the time and polls the G-Sensor to get current position of the device. It polls G-Sensor for about 10 times a second and observes the positions of the device. It keeps track of last 5 positions and scans all the 5 positions and checks if any shake is detected. If shake is detected it looks for action and triggers an action.

FAQ:
1. Does polling of G-Sensor all the time damages it?
-It does not seems to damage sensor by polling but I don’t take any responsibility in a case. Use it at your own risk!

2. Does G-TriggerService impacts my device’s battery power?
-Yes! It runs all the time as soon as your device is awake and it keeps on polling the G-Sensor, so it will consume some battery power. Although, I am running it all the time since I developed, I don’t see any legible battery consumption. Though you need to benchmark if you want to see exact battery consumption.

3.How much memory does G-TriggerService eats?
-G-TriggerService takes around 500KB when OSD is off and takes around 1MB if OSD is on.

The dev posted this about the shake detection:
Quote:
Ok.. Let me try to explain the shaking gestures

Hold the mobile phone facing yourself and perform following:

Left to Right:
Quickly move the phone from current position towards right hand side for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Right to Left:
Quickly move the phone from current position towards left hand side for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Top to Bottom:
Quickly move the phone from current position to downwards for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Bottom to Top:
Quickly move the phone from current position to upwards for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Front to Back:

Hold the phone facing yourself and near to you.
Quickly move the phone from current position to far away from you for about 6 inches (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Back to Front:
Hold the phone facing yourself and little far from you.
Quickly move the phone from current position to nearer to you for about 6 inches from the last position (Increase speed during motion from slow to fast and suddenly stop at the end to feel the shock)

Hope this helps
Set up Toggling
Also, if you don't want to leave it on all the time, there is a way to toggle it on/off other than start/stopping within the app. You can assign a softkey (or hardkey) to "G-TriggerService.exe"

It is located under Program Files> G-Trigger> G-TriggerService

If G-Trigger is already running, it can be turned off as well, although you'll get the following pop up:

However, when toggling it back on, you will not receive this pop up, making it more convenient to do while not needing to look at your device. There is about a 1 second delay when you toggle on, but honestly it's pretty negligible.

Last edited by GoodGets; 06-14-2009 at 02:22 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started
Re: [App] G-Trigger v0.1.0 (G-sensor based program launcher)

first half of the day i installed it, it worked fine. But after a soft reset later in the day, it caused my phone to get really hot, because the battery drained down very fast. I went from 90% to 20% in less that 2 hours. After uninstalling it, everything is back to normal.
Old 03-23-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Re: [App] G-Trigger v0.1.0 (G-sensor based program launcher)

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlerichie29 View Post
first half of the day i installed it, it worked fine. But after a soft reset later in the day, it caused my phone to get really hot, because the battery drained down very fast. I went from 90% to 20% in less that 2 hours. After uninstalling it, everything is back to normal.
I've been running it for almost 24 hours now, and have not noticed any change in my battery life nor my phone getting hot. I've also read through all the reports over at xda, and haven't seen anyone saying anything about it being a battery drain or heating up their phone. I think/hope this is an isolated experience.

Also, v0.2.0 is out now, maybe wanna give it a try? It has a built in error logging feature that you can upload to the dev's xda thread.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-23-2009 at 03:38 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond
Carrier: MTS

littlerichie29 is just getting started
Re: [Update 3/23] G-Trigger v0.2.1 (G-sensor based app launcher, now with speed dials

Will try the new version. I have just finished a hard reset, so i will try it without anything else installed...
Old 03-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [Update 3/23] G-Trigger v0.2.1 (G-sensor based app launcher, now with speed dials

sounds interesting but i might sit this one out until more feedback comes in.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-23-2009, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
sounds interesting but i might sit this one out until more feedback comes in.
C'mon Naut, when have you ever been a late adopter. Get in there soldier. Works perfectly on my TP running KK's Loaded v1.7, so don't hate me if messes up on yours.

But just to ease your mind, I found this post over at xda just for you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymario View Post
Working perfect on my diamond.

Now i can open Camera easyly.

Thx so much

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-23-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

rjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuffrjmjr69 knows their stuff
Re: [Update 3/24] G-Trigger v0.2.2 (G-sensor based app launcher, now with speed dials

This is turning out to be a great app. Thanks to the Dev and op for posting
Old 03-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [Update 3/24] G-Trigger v0.2.2 (G-sensor based app launcher, now with speed dials

yeah yeah, naut was on the fence... i'll prolly load this up later this evening... lol
Old 03-26-2009, 06:49 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I wanted to give everyone an update with this app. I was most concerned about how big of a battery drain this app would be. After testing for a couple days, I'm not really sure. I want to say that I lose an extra 4-5% leaving it on the whole day, but I'm not really sure. My house is in an area of extremely low service (although I live in the middle of my city), can't even use my phone while at my desk. Also, I'm always testing new programs.

However, I don't think it's as big of a battery drain that I was once worried about. Maybe others could share their experience with this app, let the community know.

Also, if you don't want to leave it on all the time, there is a way to toggle it on/off other than start/stopping within the app. You can assign a softkey (or hardkey) to "G-TriggerService.exe"

It is located under Program Files> G-Trigger> G-TriggerService

If G-Trigger is already running, it can be turned off as well, although you'll get the following pop up:

However, when toggling it back on, you will not receive this pop up, making it more convenient to do while not needing to look at your device. There is about a 1 second delay when you toggle on, but honestly it's pretty negligible.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-26-2009 at 07:47 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software