PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

woody88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: myBudget 1.0 - Monthly budget application

since this is dealing with more confidential data versus other people's phone numbers, how about getting an option out at the beginning of the application to see if you want to use a password unlock the application? and of course a no password option should be available too!
Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: myBudget 1.0 - Monthly budget application

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeith813 View Post
Thats Fantastic!! I also noticed it does not have an icon for the menu. I think you're definitely on to something here. I've for a while for a good finances app and this in its first version is better than anything else ive seen.
Thanks a lot. That means so much to hear! I'm still trying to figure out how to add icons to the application. Nothing I try works. I'm kinda figuring things out as I go. I've been coding in VB6 since it came out about 10 years ago (and vb5 and vb4 before that), and I just started using Visual Studio .NET for VB.NET and C# applications about a month ago, so there are still some things that are confusing the crap out of me, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody88 View Post
since this is dealing with more confidential data versus other people's phone numbers, how about getting an option out at the beginning of the application to see if you want to use a password unlock the application? and of course a no password option should be available too!
This will definitely be an option later on, as I've already planned on doing it. This 1.0 version is really more of a beta. I wanted to test the waters to see if people would even be interested in something like this, and it looks like they are, so I will be adding options to the program very soon, of which will be a password option. This will be in either the next release, or the one after that, but definitely soon.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: [3/6/09] myBudget 1.0 - Monthly budget app (QVGA & VGA)

just downloaded about to try it out!

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:30 PM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i havent installed it, but my brother said there was some license thing he had to get after 30 days. i see in the first post that it says its free. is he mistaken or is there something that you have to do to get a license?
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

Awesome program! Is that your real budgte? lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:05 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by imneveral0ne View Post
i havent installed it, but my brother said there was some license thing he had to get after 30 days. i see in the first post that it says its free. is he mistaken or is there something that you have to do to get a license?
There's no license. I'm not sure where he got that information, since it's only been out for a day, lol.

This is not shareware, it's freeware.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:06 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Awesome program! Is that your real budgte? lol
Lol, no, but if I made that much money, I'd probably have similar expenses!
Old 03-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

great work on the update!! thanks

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-08-2009, 02:20 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Update:

I've been working on a few things for the version 1.1 release (should be sometime later this week). These include the following:

- Option for password protecting the app
- Option for notification of upcoming expenses. (user can choose between next 1-7 days)
- Addition of Due Date for expenses (will not be required). This will show as a day of the month (i.e. 25th, 2nd, etc)
- Addition of post-tax paycheck distributions (401k, Insurance, etc).
- Flirting with the idea of adding an "Hourly" pay option, but that would require another box for hours per week, and Windows Mobile doesn't really give me much room to work...lol. I'd like to hear some second opinions about this option...
- Not that the app needed to be any smaller, but I've cleaned up the code a lot...preparing for the future, I guess.
- I'm also considering re-organizing the income tab to be kinda like the expense tab is, with a list-view of income that would show kinda like this:
Code:
  [Amt       Desc      Freq     Tax]
  [--------------------------------]
  [$500.00   myJob     Weekly   25%]
  [$275.00   Bonus     Monthly  30%]
  [$120.38   Overtime  Weekly   25%]
This would make the income section MUCH more user-customizable, and allow for much more free space on the income tab that could be used for the post-tax distributions like mentioned above (401k, health ins, etc), which would also be in a list-view.

Let me know what you guys think of this...

The way I've done the coding so far, your myBudget 1.0 saved profiles will load into version 1.1 just fine.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 03-08-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Those are some very cool features that you are adding into the app. My only suggestion would be a way to export your data out in either a flat file or xml file for printing, email, etc. To me this would mak eit a pretty complete package.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software