PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

bruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuffbruceo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [7/14/09] - Nitrogen v1.1 (definitely my new mp3 player)

Maybe I'm missing something, but I dont see a way to easily get to a song. in WMP you can just bring up the playlist browser and start typing a name and it does a smart search. TF#D music tab is great with its WMP playlist support, which I dont see in Nitogen, so you would have to rebuild your playlist instead of just using the ones you already have on your desktop. You can flick browse but just like TF3D music tab and WMP it doesnt have letter chooser so you have to scroll the whole freaking list and if youve got more than a few hundred songs it is just a pita. Pocket player is the only one with letter scrolling. Pocket player is prob the best one out there but is overpriced and although it has an amazingly beautiful fullscreen album art player mode, it doesnt support swiping, which is retarded. AC's S2P has incredible potential and is the most beautiful with coverflow and coling of Ipod's music player but it is buggy as hell and AC doesnt do anything to futher develop what is probably his most promising app that he could actually make money off of.....

I also notice that nitogen will not display any of my album art although tf3d and WMP shows all of them...

Basically all of the Winmo players fall short at the moment, which is pretty freakin pitiful considering the platform is 10 years older than Iphone.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Spiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuffSpiderman313 knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Spiderman313

OP theres an alpha build out:AUG 28 - If you guys want to take a look at the future of Nitrogen (heh), download the cab attached to this post! The features which were already included are: key mapping, auto change skin when screen size changes (must download and install the joint skins also available on the attachment), G-Sensor support (HTCSensorSDK.dll), some SFX and bugfixes!
As you should know, this is an ALPHA PRE-RELEASE, not even an RC! It's meant for developers and testers only! Once again, use at your own risk!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:09 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Good lookin' out Spiderman313. Thanks. I might test it out, but probably own't update the OP here until it's official.

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Old 10-10-2009, 11:09 PM
PhoneTek

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I installed version 1.1 and then the latest alpha everything was good then I installed S2P and now when I open Nitrogen it closes withing 3 seconds. I uninstalled S2P and Nitrogen and did a soft reset and it still does the same thing.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:21 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneTek View Post
I installed version 1.1 and then the latest alpha everything was good then I installed S2P and now when I open Nitrogen it closes withing 3 seconds. I uninstalled S2P and Nitrogen and did a soft reset and it still does the same thing.
any reason you installed both? why not 3 mp3 players. lol
Old 10-10-2009, 11:40 PM
PhoneTek

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

because I was testing out which player I like more.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

daroga is just getting started

Wow, I really, really like this player. I was just about to pull the trigger on buying the semi-bloated Pocket Player, but this combined with BeyondPod for grabbing podcasts does exactly what I want for free! I'm running 1.2 Alpha 4 and thus far it works wonderfully.

Is there a way in the program that I'm missing (or a plugin to supplement the program with) to add this functionality?:
- A "library"-esque browser that would display things via ID3 tags (ala an iPod) rather than browsing the media solely by directory structure?
- Resuming of files where you left off, even if you play something else in the mean time? There's an option for it to resume play of the file you were last playing which is great. If there was a way to remember position in even like the last 3 files played (for podcast-listening purposes) would be really neat!

I did some searching on both of these and didn't find anything. Just thought I'd ask.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

VOICED is a n00b

Any news on if bluetooth headset controls work yet?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Gasps
Carrier: Samsung

cindy313 is a n00b

barcode decoder .net

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software