PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC touch
Carrier: Sprint SERO

badchad is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nitrogen Player v0.3.2 (definitely my new mp3 player)

Are those pics the default skin? I'm using the older version and I really like the scroll "wheel" as a method to move through songs. Has that feature been dropped?
Old 03-01-2009, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_A_Stain View Post
thanks! now im about to go grab some skins for this! its easy to put skins on this right I had this program for a while but never put skins on it lol go figure
There is even a Skin Toolbox to design your own skins if you feel up to it. Here is the tutorial so far, not quite finished according to the dev.

(The Skin Toolbox was found in the first post of the skins page.)

PPCGeeks New User Guide

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-01-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff

Nice application. Fast-loading and finger-friendly. Sounds good and works very well on stock TP. Only negative is the equalizer which causes crackles and speaker pops. Could possibly be my mp3s though, many of which were pre-stereo recordings. (My golden oldies are O.L.D. lol)
Yeah Darren, it's strangely the same layout as S2P. No interface learning-curve at all.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

GoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGoodGets should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Are those pics the default skin? I'm using the older version and I really like the scroll "wheel" as a method to move through songs. Has that feature been dropped?
Yes that is the default skin, which does not take advantage of the scroll wheel. However, here are 2 skins that do:

Takeiteasy VGA
3.1 default

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-01-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:41 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

I am stickin with the built in audio manager for now since i love the interrogation.

Old 03-01-2009, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Yes that is the default skin, which does not take advantage of the scroll wheel. However, here are 2 skins that do:

Takeiteasy VGA
3.1 default
Edited my above post. Yes it still has scroll wheel support, not sure why it's not included in the default skin.

You can scroll through your playlist (in an ipod-like manner) using the scroll wheel included in those skins. Those were the only 2 skins that I tested, but the scroll wheel feature has not been dropped.

Last edited by GoodGets; 03-01-2009 at 05:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch 6900
Carrier: The NOW Network

DaOnlyRecless is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGets View Post
Yes it can. You can choose whether to add the subfolders or not.
Thanks, this may come in handy as a backup player orwhen i'm really strapped on system reaources.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
I am stickin with the built in audio manager for now since i love the interrogation.
I'm sure you mean integration... But yeah, i feel you. It is handy to have that plug-in a swipe away on Manila 2D.
Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

o man I have to say I just tried this and hated it. maybe I dont understand it, but it was impossible to navigate
Old 03-04-2009, 12:58 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
o man I have to say I just tried this and hated it. maybe I dont understand it, but it was impossible to navigate
Ok, let me see if I can help.

I have each of my albums stored in a folder that only holds that album. So when I use the media browser to navigate to an album, I just load all the songs to my playlist.

Or, it doesn't really matter if you don't have your folders set up that way. You can just go to your music folder and load all your songs into your playlist. This would make a long list will all of your songs, sorta like navigating to "All Songs" in the iPod. Then you can use the scroll wheel (available in the skins in my op) to find songs in your library.

Or you can clear your playlist (doesn't delete the songs) then go through your folders selecting specific songs to add to your playlist.

It would be nice if it this app sorted songs by author or album (I'm sure that'll be coming in future releases) but honestly its not that bad, especially if you have your albums arranged in folders. Just add each fold (or you can just go to you music folder and all sub folders in one fell swoop) to your playlist (so that the album's songs are grouped together) then use the scroll wheel, or even the default skin, so jump through songs. Really not that hard to get use to. As fast as this app is, and as finger friendly as it is, I think it's worth it.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

BustedNuts1 is becoming a great contributor

I've been messing around with this app for a couple weeks now, and I must say that this is my favorite mp3 player. Yeah, the bulk song playlist might take a bit of getting use to, but like goodgets said, it's just like navigating through all songs on the iPod. However, these are grouped by albums, which makes it even better. I think this is the most attractive and easiest to use mp3 player out there. Truly the most finger friendly. I love the scroll wheel feature, and don't know why it's not used in the default skin (it use to be in previous versions btw). Anyways, it can still be enabled using a different skin.

Great app and thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software