PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2008, 07:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touchpro
Carrier: sprint

hemdosh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Memmaid Official Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
SKTools offers a never-ending demo which is very similar to MemMaid. There are only a few limitations with the demo.

MemMaid is very easy to use. You can set it to run automatically if you want or you can do it manually. It's all very easy to use....so don't feel intimidated at all.

And really something like MemMaid or SKTools is just something that every ppc owner should have on their device and use frequently.

late,
Coz

p.s....I hadn't run MemMaid for about a week on my 700wx and I just cleaned 300 items saving me 2446836 bytes.

Coz, I downloded the SKTools trial version. It says "only 6 entries in any list". I ran the cleanup function and same message shows up with 6 files showing up. I guess these are redundant files that need deleted. And then I should keep running the clean function till it cleans out everything right? That's what I did and the message comes up that "some files may not be able to be cleaned or deleted." and same 6 files keep showing up after I ran the app. a few times. AM I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemdosh View Post
Coz, I downloded the SKTools trial version. It says "only 6 entries in any list". I ran the cleanup function and same message shows up with 6 files showing up. I guess these are redundant files that need deleted. And then I should keep running the clean function till it cleans out everything right? That's what I did and the message comes up that "some files may not be able to be cleaned or deleted." and same 6 files keep showing up after I ran the app. a few times. AM I doing something wrong? Please help. Thanks.
Nope...you're doing it right. And yes, some files cannot be cleaned. Be sure to run stuff like "find dead short-cuts", "registry cleaner", etc.

late,
Coz
Old 04-02-2008, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: sprint touchpro
Carrier: sprint

hemdosh is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Nope...you're doing it right. And yes, some files cannot be cleaned. Be sure to run stuff like "find dead short-cuts", "registry cleaner", etc.

late,
Coz
Thanks coz. SO the only difference between the demo version and paid version is that paid version will cleanup everything at one click without the annoying message "only 6 files shown", if that is the only major diff then I will just stick with demo version.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:45 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Yep....that's pretty much the only differnece. I stuck with the demo for about a year before I bought the full version. Between MemMaid and SKTools you'll have a clean and happy device and can pretty much tweak any aspect of your phone. Play around with SKTools "Tune Up" feature...it's pretty slick.

late,
Coz
Old 04-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

homejamer92 is a n00b

how can i get the discount for 10.00 bucks?!?!?!?!?
Old 04-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700

homejamer92 is a n00b

where can you get a discount coupon for memmaid?!?!?!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software