PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good worksparhawk6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Sync

New beta software from Google to sync your contacts, calendar items with your Google contacts and calendar.

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Google Sync

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk6 View Post
New beta software from Google to sync your contacts, calendar items with your Google contacts and calendar.

http://www.google.com/mobile/default/sync.html

It's only out for BlackBerry ... for now ...
Google Sync Beta for iPhone, WinMo and SyncML Phones

Monday, February 9, 2009 9:15 AM

One of the hardest parts about switching phones is getting your address book and calendar to your new device. We're making that process a little easier by releasing a beta version of Google Sync for the iPhone and Windows Mobile phones as well as a contacts-only version for phones that support SyncML.

For iPhone and Windows Mobile devices, Google Sync allows you to get your Gmail Contacts and Google Calendar events to your phone. Once you set up Sync on your phone, it will automatically begin synchronizing your address book and calendar in the background, over-the-air, so you can attend to other tasks. Sync uses push technology so any changes or additions to your calendar or contacts are reflected on your device in minutes. The connection is always on so you don't have to manually sync your phone after Sync has been set up. This means that when your colleague changes the time of the TPS report cover sheets meeting, you'll know about it right away.

Since Sync is a two-way service, you can make changes on your phone or in your Google Account. Your calendar and contacts are always up-to-date, no matter where you are or what you're doing. Also, since your data is automatically backed up to your Google Account, it's securely stored even if you lose your phone.

For devices that support the open SyncML protocol, Google Sync will allow for two-way contacts synchronization. If you're a BlackBerry user, a version of Google Sync is already available.

Following the Google credo to launch early and iterate, we're introducing Sync in beta. We encourage you to visit our Help Center to review device specific instructions and known issues. Also, please keep in mind that Google Sync may remove all existing contacts and calendar events from your phone, so make sure to back up any important data before you set it up. You can find more information on backing up in the Help Center.

To try Sync out, visit m.google.com/sync

Posted by Bryan Mawhinney, Software Engineer, Google Mobile
Permalink | Links to this post |

Labels: Calendar, Contacts, google sync, iphone, windows mobile
Old 02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJBundy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBundy View Post
It's only out for BlackBerry ... for now ...

Oh wait!!! Maybe not ...

Sync: Set Up Your Windows Mobile Phone

Print
To set up Google Sync on your Windows Mobile device, please follow the steps below.

Important Note: Make sure that you have backed up any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. Getting Started

1. Open the Active Sync application on your device's home screen.
2. Click the link Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is checked.

Sign In to Google Account

5. Click Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address as the User name.
7. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
8. Enter google into the Domain field.
9. Click Next.
10. Check only Contacts and Calendar.
11. Click Finish.

12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.

You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 02-09-2009, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Now if Google would only implement email, this would be the killer function, especially since hotmail sux a**cheex
Old 02-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

lexluthor is keeping up the good worklexluthor is keeping up the good work

Where's the cab? If I go to m.google.com/sync on my phone, it says to go to that site on my computer to see if it's available.

Can anyone post the cab?
Old 02-09-2009, 02:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Now if Google would only implement email, this would be the killer function, especially since hotmail sux a**cheex
No doubt! That would be absolutely perfect!

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:01 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Be sure and backup the contacts on the device as they are erased initially. I used PIMBackup to backthem up, Sync'ed, Restored them, and resynced, and hopefully everything is in sync now
Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Oh wait!!! Maybe not ...

Sync: Set Up Your Windows Mobile Phone

Print
To set up Google Sync on your Windows Mobile device, please follow the steps below.

Important Note: Make sure that you have backed up any Contacts and Calendars from your phone to your computer before proceeding. Getting Started

1. Open the Active Sync application on your device's home screen.
2. Click the link Set up your device to sync with it.
3. Enter m.google.com as the server address.
4. Ensure that the SSL option is checked.

Sign In to Google Account

5. Click Next.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address as the User name.
7. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
8. Enter google into the Domain field.
9. Click Next.
10. Check only Contacts and Calendar.
11. Click Finish.

12. Press the Sync softkey on the left to synchronize.

You've now set up Google Sync for your Windows Mobile device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post
Where's the cab? If I go to m.google.com/sync on my phone, it says to go to that site on my computer to see if it's available.

Can anyone post the cab?
There is no .cab ... follow the instructions in the post above yours.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor View Post

Can anyone post the cab?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VW View Post
Be sure and backup the contacts on the device as they are erased initially. I used PIMBackup to backthem up, Sync'ed, Restored them, and resynced, and hopefully everything is in sync now

I didn't lose any contacts. I don't think that is a universal issue ... but I'd submit it to the Google Mobile blog just in case
Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 PM
VW
Regular 'Geeker

VW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regularVW is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I cant get it to sync past the initial sync unfortunately. Also I cannot put a domain in after I set it to username@googlemail.com for the username

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software