PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 01:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Eris
Carrier: verizon

TwiceBlessed is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How long do I need to charge my new phone the first time??

I am not sure if this is the wright place to post this question...

We just got our brand new HTC Eris today and it has been charging for the past 9 hours or so. Do you think it is okay now to turn the phone on or do I need to let it sit on the charge for over night??

We had to take change the charging station of one of phones and when we plugged it back again, the light on the phone turned to green this time while the other phone is still showing orange. Even though they have been plugged in at about the same time...

I hear a lot about the battery life issues and want to make sure that I start out right with these new phones.

Please share your advise...

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: How long do I need to charge my new phone the first time??

Just charge it and run it down fully then run it up again and just charge every night. If your usage is running it down all the way then maybe if you can charge while you are at work if you can or something so it doesn't go below 50% when you charge.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:34 AM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: How long do I need to charge my new phone the first time??

mr.obvious is right,i sold batteries for a huge company up north for a few years,kinda miss it lol,anyway lithium-ion batts. which is what we all use do not develop memory like Ni-Cd batts. neither do they run on a cycle use like Ni-Mh batts.
Always no matter what kind of batt. it is your charging,the first time charge it overnight or a full 12 hrs. before first use!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software