PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

The 96DPI for 23511 are fixed in the download. I went to bed after I posted the link so I apologize for the delay in fixing.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

see if anyone else has noticed this issue and knows the cause, i have been using ervius visual kitchen for a long time now and never seen this, some registry settings set by a package of mine is getting overwritten after first boot. These settings, for instance,
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"Shuffle"=dword:00000000
this registry setting is set with the very last package in my kitchen so no later packages could be changing it. is there something that is processed after user packages that could be changing this? say maybe the mxip provisional xmls? i am thinking it may be something to do with manila as until i got the touch pro2 i did not include it in my builds. i am currently building a rom without manila and seeing if the values still get overwritten to confirm.

just for a bit more info, most of the settings seem to be something that manila is using or reading such as the backlight settings or say the ring type being set to "ring" instead of "ring and vibrate" i know my reg entries are fine as i can take the app.reg from my package and import it using a reg editor and the options are then set correctly. a work around that i have been using is to place a mortscript into startup that imports the settings after first boot which works, but i am finding more and more things that this issue effects and would rather not have to use this workaround. any thoughts? anyone?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:51 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
see if anyone else has noticed this issue and knows the cause, i have been using ervius visual kitchen for a long time now and never seen this, some registry settings set by a package of mine is getting overwritten after first boot. These settings, for instance,
Code:
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Preferences]
"Shuffle"=dword:00000000
this registry setting is set with the very last package in my kitchen so no later packages could be changing it. is there something that is processed after user packages that could be changing this? say maybe the mxip provisional xmls? i am thinking it may be something to do with manila as until i got the touch pro2 i did not include it in my builds. i am currently building a rom without manila and seeing if the values still get overwritten to confirm.

Have you looked through all the provxml's? Also, you can verify that your setting is on the default hive before flashing by using CeRegEditor to look at it manually. If it is there, then my next guess would be to scour through the provxml's in your dump and/or kitchen files to see if one of them is setting that.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Have you looked through all the provxml's? Also, you can verify that your setting is on the default hive before flashing by using CeRegEditor to look at it manually. If it is there, then my next guess would be to scour through the provxml's in your dump and/or kitchen files to see if one of them is setting that.
thank you! it was a provxml. didnt know those were applied after user packages. seems kinda backwards to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
thank you! it was a provxml. didnt know those were applied after user packages. seems kinda backwards to me.
Those are actually applied on any cold boot (i.e. after first flashing or doing a hard reset). So that is why your reg settings were getting overwritten. Those are applied in alphabetical order. So, the alternative to editing the one causing the issue is to make your own, name it mxipcold_zzzzzmine_100.provxml with the setting/settings in it you want. That will be processed last and will be the setting that sticks after the initial boot.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
Those are actually applied on any cold boot (i.e. after first flashing or doing a hard reset). So that is why your reg settings were getting overwritten. Those are applied in alphabetical order. So, the alternative to editing the one causing the issue is to make your own, name it mxipcold_zzzzzmine_100.provxml with the setting/settings in it you want. That will be processed last and will be the setting that sticks after the initial boot.
Also, remember that you can have two types of .provxml:

mxip_*.provxml = cold-boot (hard-reset) only.
mxipupdate_*.provxml = warm-boot (soft/regular reset)

The important part of this processing is the fact that mxipupdates always overwrite existing registry entries. It's very helpful for settings that seem to get overwritten by the ROM when other registry changes don't seem to help.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:37 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Also, remember that you can have two types of .provxml:

mxip_*.provxml = cold-boot (hard-reset) only.
mxipupdate_*.provxml = warm-boot (soft/regular reset)

The important part of this processing is the fact that mxipupdates always overwrite existing registry entries. It's very helpful for settings that seem to get overwritten by the ROM when other registry changes don't seem to help.
Actually, thats not quite right either. From MSDN article found here -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737254.aspx

• Cold boot files that will be processed by Configuration Manager only when the device is cold booted. The provisioning file name must have one of the following formats:
    mxipcold_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    or
    mxip_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    where <package name> is the name of Image Update package.
    These files should contain settings that you intend to be applied only during cold boot.
  • Update files that will be processed by Configuration Manager both when the device is cold booted and, if their associated packages have been updated, during Image Update. The provisioning file name must have the following format:
    mxipupdate_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    All settings contained in these files will be reapplied whenever their associated packages are updated, regardless of whether they have or have not changed. Therefore, these files should only contain settings that you intend to be reapplied every time their packages are updated.
So mxipupdate applies on cold-boot and after an image update, which no carrier does. So for the sake of simplicity, they act the same for us either way.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-30-2009 at 05:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCKitchen Crew

PPCKitchen v.1.0.0 files fro 28005 for all the devs out there. QVGA is untested, currently so let me know if there are any problems.

http://joojoobee666.ppckitchen.org/Kitchens/28005/

Thanks monkeybape!

Update: 11/30/09, 10:45pm EST. Fixed missing option.xml in both the DPI rars.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-30-2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic

Quote:
Actually, thats not quite right either. From MSDN article found here -> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb737254.aspx

• Cold boot files that will be processed by Configuration Manager only when the device is cold booted. The provisioning file name must have one of the following formats:
    mxipcold_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    or
    mxip_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    where <package name> is the name of Image Update package.
    These files should contain settings that you intend to be applied only during cold boot.
  • Update files that will be processed by Configuration Manager both when the device is cold booted and, if their associated packages have been updated, during Image Update. The provisioning file name must have the following format:
    mxipupdate_<package name>_<version>.provxml
    All settings contained in these files will be reapplied whenever their associated packages are updated, regardless of whether they have or have not changed. Therefore, these files should only contain settings that you intend to be reapplied every time their packages are updated.
So mxipupdate applies on cold-boot and after an image update, which no carrier does. So for the sake of simplicity, they act the same for us either way.
Thanks for that link JooJoo: so it seems what it really comes down to is mxipupdate_ will ALWAYS overwrite mxip/cold_ on soft reset even if the OEM/EXT contents (other than the mxipupdate_*.provxml) remain unchanged, but changes to the mxipupdate_*.provxml file itself WILL be applied if changed and overwrite old mxip/cold_ settings.

A tad confusing on MS's part, but heck, that's MicroSpeak for ya

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 11-30-2009 at 05:56 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

is there anything else that runs after user packages? i found the provxml that was causing most of the issues but there is one lingering setting that gets changed and it doesnt exist in any provxml's . it is the registry setting for setting the phone to ring and vibrate from a call. i set it with a package but it gets defaulted back to just ring. the key is at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTon e0" parm=script value it defaults to is apw3r i found this value in the user.hv in the metadata folder in the sys but no where else and i am stumped where else to look. so if it is not in a provxml where else could it be that runs after user packages?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software