PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Lightbulb Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomSim View Post
is there anything else that runs after user packages? i found the provxml that was causing most of the issues but there is one lingering setting that gets changed and it doesnt exist in any provxml's . it is the registry setting for setting the phone to ring and vibrate from a call. i set it with a package but it gets defaulted back to just ring. the key is at "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sounds\RingTon e0" parm=script value it defaults to is apw3r i found this value in the user.hv in the metadata folder in the sys but no where else and i am stumped where else to look. so if it is not in a provxml where else could it be that runs after user packages?
From what I have researched, .cab files are last to be processed by Autorun/RunCC/SDConfig/Sashimi, so the setting in question may be in a chef provisioning cab used for this purpose.

So try creating a .cab with the reg entry and see if it solves the problem. Name it zzzz*.cab just in case the original filename is down the alphabet a ways.

That's why in the end, I use .cab for my customizations.

If my post helps you, please hit the "Thanks" button... it's free and I need the rep!

Last edited by DigitalAttic; 11-30-2009 at 06:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

yeah, i give up trying to find it. im just gonna use an add2config text to run an xml at customization. thanks for the help guys
Old 11-30-2009, 07:41 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Thanks for that link JooJoo: so it seems what it really comes down to is mxipupdate_ will ALWAYS overwrite mxip/cold_ on soft reset even if the OEM/EXT contents (other than the mxipupdate_*.provxml) remain unchanged, but changes to the mxipupdate_*.provxml file itself WILL be applied if changed and overwrite old mxip/cold_ settings.

A tad confusing on MS's part, but heck, that's MicroSpeak for ya
No provxmls are imported during a normal soft reset. Changes to the provxml themselves? No, mxipupdate_*.provxml files are imported after cold boot and when the image update package containing them is updated during an image update, which does not happen currently.

Yes, I agree, it is a tad confusing.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800 X 2, 6900, Omnia i910, Fathom, DInc 1 and 2
Carrier: Verizon

cac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuffcac2us knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
PPCKitchen v.1.0.0 files fro 28005 for all the devs out there. QVGA is untested, currently so let me know if there are any problems.

http://joojoobee666.ppckitchen.org/Kitchens/28005/

Thanks monkeybape!
I'm building 28005 for QVGA, and I can't seem to find:
Office Mobile, Transcriber, Solitaire & Bubble Breaker.
VoiceCommand, is not even selected, but gives several overwrite notices.
Is it something in the common that is missing?

EDIT:
Well, Office Mobile installs without needing to be selected. That works for me.
I can allways find a BubbleBreaker.cab.
Solitaire is a hidden install also.

Rest in Peace Baby Brother..[8-7-10]...
And They Better Watch Out For RICOCHETS!!!

Last edited by cac2us; 11-30-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

Sicilykill is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post

EDIT:
To see Office and the rest modify the option.XML filein SYS_28005_96DPI_0409.rar (if you using the 96DPI) to include office, voice command etc..

you will need to add the following line Example:

<Item name="Voice Commander from SYS base" group="Voice Control" checked="False">
<Tip>Voice Commander from SYS base</Tip>
<Guid type="p">410788f1-acd5-457b-b9ea-df86ac7f990e</Guid>
<Guid type="i">93f31b6d-078b-4dae-a335-8ea8c3b22c97</Guid>
</Item>
please note the above example was grabbed from a different build .

Where:
Item name is the name that will appear in PPC kitchen for you to check and uncheck

Group is where the item will be displayed under

Tip is the description

Guid type="p" is the name of the dsm or rgu file in the SYS_28005_Common.rar voice command folder

Guid type="i" is the name of the dsm or rgu file in SYS_28005_96DPI_0409.rar

If I have time later i can try to post a modified option.xml

EDIT: Here is the option.xml to add office, OneNote, Solitaire,Bubblebreaker, Voicecommand
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HBSZPZMN

Last edited by Sicilykill; 11-30-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: updated link
Old 11-30-2009, 11:36 PM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cac2us View Post

EDIT:
Yeah, I see I forgot to add the option.xml's. I will fix the rars shortly. Sorry . 10 minutes the fixed ones will be up.

UPDATE: ok, they are up. Alternatively, instead of redownloading, you can use the option xml from a previous dpi rar. Just an FYI.

Last edited by joojoobee666; 11-30-2009 at 11:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

monkeybape has upped 28006 - http://bbs.xbeta.cn/thread-24444-1-1.html

28006_CHS_VGA FLASH.dio mirrored here -
http://rapidshare.com/files/314798942/28006_CHS_VGA.rar

Thanks monkeybape!

Build Date - (Nov 24 2009 19:02:42)

dumped w/0409 & dpi files from 28005 ready for VK -
http://rapidshare.com/files/31480999...IP_0409_VGA.7z
Attached Files
File Type: zip 28006_xip.bin.zip (1.00 MB, 22 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by SOHKis; 12-01-2009 at 02:20 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
yeah, i give up trying to find it. im just gonna use an add2config text to run an xml at customization. thanks for the help guys
soooo this didnt work either. i did a cereg backup after customizations ran, but before reboot, and the option is set correctly but after reset after customizations it changes back to default. so what could be doing this? i am running 28005 with manila 2.5 19202525 on sprint touch pro2
Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2... Da Bomb!
Carrier: VZW... Can U @&^&!# Hear Me Now!

DigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on repDigitalAttic is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to DigitalAttic Send a message via MSN to DigitalAttic Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAttic
Exclamation Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
soooo this didnt work either. i did a cereg backup after customizations ran, but before reboot, and the option is set correctly but after reset after customizations it changes back to default. so what could be doing this? i am running 28005 with manila 2.5 19202525 on sprint touch pro2
Did you try the cab suggestion I made? You could also use Agent Ransack to search the VK tree for files that contain the text you are looking for, and once found, edit or rename that file, flash and check results.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalAttic View Post
Did you try the cab suggestion I made? You could also use Agent Ransack to search the VK tree for files that contain the text you are looking for, and once found, edit or rename that file, flash and check results.
the cab would run at the same time as my xml so not sure if the outcome would be different, but i will try. im am not familiar with agent ransack but will check it out.
i actually figured out how to let windows explorer search inside of .provxml's, .dat's, .rgu's and .ini files and the setting is not being changed there. i used ceregedit to look in the default and user.hv files. in user.hv in the metadata folder it is set and "ring" script so i changed that but still didnt help. im left thinking it is a program that is changing it but have ruled out everything in the startup folder so im kinda at a loss. i found though that if i make a mortscript and place it in the startup menu and have this mortscript wait until second boot, ie reset after customizations, and then set the registry key all is well but i would rather figure this out than implement workarounds. grrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited by DomSim; 12-01-2009 at 01:43 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software