PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 09:13 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
.. yes, but why convert from modules to files (using recmod.exe) if WMRELOC relocates ALL modules correctly? It never failed me
Because there is only a fixed amount of space within which to allocate modules. You can't put 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
You can't put 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag.
maybe he is good at packing **** in tight places.

haha i had to say it. couldnt miss the chance
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:36 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
Because there is only a fixed amount of space within which to allocate modules. You can't put 10 pounds of **** in a 5 pound bag.

Shouldn't WMreloc be smart enough to know if modules are overlapping and warn us?

And if I had to guess, I would say my first suspect would be mshtml.dll, being almost 5MB's and all...
Old 05-15-2009, 09:40 AM
MIA
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Shouldn't WMreloc be smart enough to know if modules are overlapping and warn us?
no becuase it does not overlap them when it does that, because it has unlimited space on computer to reloc, but the device itself has only so much space dedicated to modules. so when you place the file on device with all of these modules, they overlap themself.

its taking 35mb of modules, and placing it in a 30 mb section. so even though wmreloc did everything perfect like it should. you have 5mb of extra space, that has to go somewhere. and the rom files says it has to go in this section.

but if you have a real 6.5 kernal, then you are lucky and the 6.5 kernal has more dedicated space for the modules. so the GSM Rapheal can have more modules since we have a real 6.5 kernal for that.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:42 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
no becuase it does not overlap them when it does that, because it has unlimited space on computer to reloc, but the device itself has only so much space dedicated to modules. so when you place the file on device with all of these modules, they overlap themself.

its taking 35mb of modules, and placing it in a 30 mb section. so even though wmreloc did everything perfect like it should. you have 5mb of extra space, that has to go somewhere. and the rom files says it has to go in this section.

but if you have a real 6.5 kernal, then you are lucky and the 6.5 kernal has more dedicated space for the modules. so the GSM Rapheal can have more modules since we have a real 6.5 kernal for that.
Ahhh....and I don't....and I assume that WMReloc assume's you do.

I WANT MY 6.5 NATIVE KERNEL!! DAMMIT!

Last edited by joojoobee666; 05-15-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P3400i (Gene) (QVGA, OMAP 850 201 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, 128 MB ROM)
Carrier: Idea Cellular, India

krazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good workkrazy_about_technology is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to krazy_about_technology Send a message via Yahoo to krazy_about_technology

WMReloc.exe isn't that reliable with older devices for relocating modules for the reasons Conflipper already stated. there isn't even a single WM 6.5 build for Gene which i am able to get running perfectly without recmoding the IE modules. I always get keyboard problems (no 3rd party keyboard works, on selecting a keyboard it changes the keyboard to default windows mobile keyboard).

And using GReloc doesn't solves anything either. This problem is inherent to some current and all old generation devices. but anyways, G'Reloc's "Integer Overflow" error can be bypass_ed using following steps :

1. Download Unlocker from Here (http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/). This will help you unlock files that are currently in use by other programs so that you can copy move and delete them. Install it and on every file and folder you'll get a new entry in context menu called "Unlocker".

2. Now start Greloc.exe and fill in proper values if needed. Click "Do It". When it gives Integer Overflow, click OK but dont close it. Press "Do It" again and this time it will show you the file that is givin error in the message box, mostly its a .tmp file.

3. Go to the file, right click on it and select "Unlocker". In the box that opens, on the right hand, choose delete in the dropdown box. Now click Unlock All. This will delete the file.

4. Click "Do It" in GReloc Window again, this time it will complete the process. If the error comes again, for a different file (never happened with me though), repeat this process.

5. To be sure, run GReloc once again and it will complete the process successfully in one go.

Explanation:

Although I don't claim to be an expert on this subject, As far as my understanding goes, the problem lies within the algorithm used in GReloc. It uses integer data typed variables for doing whatever it does during the relocation process and with Wm 6.5, somehow the value stored in one of these variables crosses the upper or lower limit of the allowed range for integer variables.

Now, In the process of relocation, GReloc creates a tmp file based on the contents of the modules it is relocating. When error occurs GReloc stops as it is and doesn't closes the handle to this tmp file. This causes the process of relocation to fail on successive attempts.

What we do is we unlock this file forcefully using unlocker and delete it. This way, GReloc restarts the relocation process from that module again and the problem is solved.

Guys, can somebody please describe any noticeable changes in this new build? What is the status of memory problems with GWES.exe etc?

Last edited by krazy_about_technology; 05-15-2009 at 09:51 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

OK, I know there was talk of WM65 kernel a few pages back.. but which files are specifically kernel-related? Someone suggested NK.EXE but noone replied to his post..
Old 05-15-2009, 09:50 AM
PPCKitchen Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertiax3 View Post
OK, I know there was talk of WM65 kernel a few pages back.. but which files are specifically kernel-related? Someone suggested NK.EXE but noone replied to his post..
Yes, nk.exe is part of the Kernel. It's basically the OEM portion of the XIP from my understanding. Those are device specific.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:51 AM
MIA
Threadstarter

nk.exe that is located in oem folder in the XIP is the kernal. this has to come from the Manufacture or the Carrier. and so if they do not provide an update to 6.5 you are out of luck, and stuck with a 6.1 kernal. Unless you have a device that is in MS testing, and you can get a leaked rom from MS. but good luck with that one.
Old 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i780
Carrier: TMobile

inertiax3 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Yes, nk.exe is part of the Kernel. It's basically the OEM portion of the XIP from my understanding. Those are device specific.
Yup, confirmed, NK.exe resides in OEMXIPKERNEL.. the i780 is a WM6.1 GSM device by the way, so maybe that's why I have so much success with WMReloc.. THANKS all for clarification

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software