PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 06:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 Kitchen QVGA and VGA Developer Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by anryl View Post
cause on bepe tools kitchen the roms are much faster and if we somehow get the new nk.exe for our devices then we will need roms for 6.5 oemcore and the only problems are not the kitchen but the resources - bepe platformrebuilder needs perfect resources not modified so now i'm testing port 804 to 409 so far ok few more tests and will might be ready
What little there I could make sense of sounded like reasons not to use bepes kitchens execept for "... nonsense ... the roms are much faster", but if you're not building with PPCK you couldn't know that to begin with, and it sounds completely subjective anyway. Not trying to convince you, just saying that your reasoning is far from sound from what I can gather.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch xl & Diamond
Carrier: Movistar

humrod is becoming a great contributor

Hi everybody. I refer to the missing sms screen. I read tha posts and do this:
change the redist folders...doesn't work; change the base app and stil doesn't work. All the rom works perfect, but for this.
I'm missing somethig?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache, Vogue, MotoQ
Carrier: Vzw

rainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrainabba is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Does anyone else "feel" like 21501 is less stable/more buggy than 21210?

More OEM incompatibilities than 21210?

Less smooth, or slower in Titanium and/or Start Menu compared to 21210?

I ask because I've got a Vogue running my custom rom based on 21210 and a Touch Pro running my custom rom based on 21501 (can't get it to build 21210 with the same selections), and my vogue is visibly faster, smoother, and less buggy. When I say visibly, I mean side-by-side and I know this just should be the case. My TP is a Sprint branded one (288MB RAM, 512MB ROM).

Please PM me if you believe you know some specific causes for this (it's hard to keep up with this thread). Maybe reply here and PM if you don't mind the double duty, just in case someone else needs the same info.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG enV Touch
Carrier: Verizon

thvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuffthvoicwethin knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to thvoicwethin Send a message via Skype™ to thvoicwethin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainabba View Post

I ask because I've got a Vogue running my custom rom based on 21210 and a Touch Pro running my custom rom based on 21501 (can't get it to build 21210 with the same selections), and my vogue is visibly faster, smoother, and less buggy. When I say visibly, I mean side-by-side and I know this just should be the case. My TP is a Sprint branded one (288MB RAM, 512MB ROM).

Please PM me if you believe you know some specific causes for this (it's hard to keep up with this thread). Maybe reply here and PM if you don't mind the double duty, just in case someone else needs the same info.
When i had the "fake" 21500 installed, it's faster than the new RC1. :/

We'll see when i do my custom ROM through PPCKitchen

Commander of the Non-Data Users Team.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 AM
PPCKitchen Crew
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

joojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation leveljoojoobee666 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Is it me or does winmo 6.5 21501 memory leak like a sieve? (like the rest of the 6.5 builds) I rebooted yesterday morning with 27MB free (yes, I know...but that's the way this stupid Titan rolls...), now I'm at 17MB AFTER Oxios....WTF? That is just garbage.

Anyone else with a Titan seeing the same thing?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: O2 Atom Exec
Carrier: Mobilink

tjkhattak is a n00b

Quote:
After using it I agree with u 21210 and even 21500 were lot smoother, less memory leaks with fast scrolling on Titanium. But I do not know the reason for this might be Anryl or Da-G can help identify the fault lines.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC THUNDERBOLT
Carrier: Verizon

yoda1 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to yoda1 Send a message via MSN to yoda1 Send a message via Yahoo to yoda1

was his set up is a worry free install i did not have any problems with the install good thing that he is my roommate in case i mess it up
Old 04-18-2009, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc mogul 6800
Carrier: ZoomMobile

vickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuffvickylife007 knows their stuff

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by joojoobee666 View Post
Is it me or does winmo 6.5 21501 memory leak like a sieve? (like the rest of the 6.5 builds) I rebooted yesterday morning with 27MB free (yes, I know...but that's the way this stupid Titan rolls...), now I'm at 17MB AFTER Oxios....WTF? That is just garbage.

Anyone else with a Titan seeing the same thing?
There is nothing special about 21501 except that it is newer and it is official.
However newer doesn't equal better, and official doesn't mean bug-free. The only thing 21501 satisfies is our crave for new builds, but we can't sacrifice functionality and stability for that.
My counsel:- roll back to the build that gave you more satisfaction. I have been running 21501 for over 24hrs now, am not sure I have observed memory leaks of the nature described above, but I have definitely observed it holds no egde over 21210 or 21500.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: P525
Carrier: *****

AndrewSh is keeping up the good workAndrewSh is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Guys you should know - even if you cook same rom twice in 10 minutes with one PC, one kitchen, same settings - you will hardly obtain the same rom. I don't know why it happens - but I know for sure - roms can be different in performance, amount of bugs, battery consumption and so on. During last three days I was playing with Titanium cpr-s and recooked the same 21501 maybe 10 times in one configuration. The results were different all the time - believe me. So it's nothing to do with that, rainabba - just recook and try again.
P.S. I won't PM.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-18-2009, 02:20 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

okay, I am going to be testing 21501 on 6 devices over the next 4 days. I will be away from the computer, so will be 100% mobile. I wont be able to flash either, so I will get a good feel for everything.

The big thing about 21501 is that it was the first time we have the new core. the actual core of everything. the xip was really improved in there. so that was the big thing here.

it was the new core, and new aku. that is what seperates this from other 6.5 builds.

Like I said, I am going to be testing these on the following devices.

Blue Angel
Vogue
Titan
Apache
CDMA Diamond
CDMA Touch Pro

I will have a wide selection of everything. QVGA and VGA, and all different setups, so i will be able to tell a lot about everything. So I will be back on Thursday I guess.

But at the same time by thursday I expect 2 more leaks to be out. So by then I guess it really wont matter.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software