PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Notes with a Alarm Up Date 1/6/09

New version available. with minor bugfixes. 1.95.7 1/6/09

Hey guys, here's a simple on screen notpad that I found. It's pretty cool. Just about like most of them. The thing I like about this one, is it has an alarm for your notes. Along with alot of nice other features. Anyways, I thought I would pass the find on. Right now i'm running it on my 6900, on the card with no issues at all. Been playing with it for a little while. It's running real well. Hope it Helps..

Thanks T M Z

Screenwriter

Vga Skins http://cupper.su/page.php?al=ScreenWriterVGASkins

Qvga Skins http://cupper.su/page.php?al=ScreenWriterQVGASkins

http://cupper.su/page.php?al=ScreenWriter

new version available. with minor bugfixes. 1.95.7
Attached Files
File Type: cab sw_v1.95.7_eng.cab (209.3 KB, 24 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by tmz; 01-06-2009 at 12:46 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:47 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Re: Notes with a Alarm Up Date 1/6/09

Up Date.. 1/6/09
New version available. with minor bugfixes. 1.95.7

New cab.

Thanks T M Z
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Raphael

lsteele is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Hey tmz, Thanks for posting the update to this really useful program . . . It works really well in general, but I'm having problems when I actually handwrite a note --- It seems to transcribe my writing in, the best way I can desribe it is, an "angulated" way; for instance if I draw a circle, it looks like a series of angles that make up a circle, however if I write very very slowly, it looks like regular handwriting ?? I'm using a regular un-modded HTC Pro with nothing special running in the background. In the sample pics you posted, your writing seems pretty smooth. I'm wondering, are you, or anyone else having this issue . . .?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:14 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

No, it's working good for me. Did you try playing with the setting ? There is a lot of modifications in there. Ill try looking to..

Thanks T M Z
Old 01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Lurker

lsteele is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
No, it's working good for me. Did you try playing with the setting ? There is a lot of modifications in there. Ill try looking to..

Thanks T M Z
Thanks for the quick reply . . . I've tried working my way through all of the settings, including the smoothings settings (on/off), show cells, all parts of the other tabs, without any change. It almost seems like when I write at regular handwriting speed the screen re-drawing can't quite keep up, so it just draws a line from two points (I know this is a bad description, but it's the best I can come up with). So far it's rendered any type of cursive writing difficult to read -- unless I write very slowly. I've tried turning off my TouchFlo also, and used MemMaid to stop any background processes. What's interesting is that when I use the built-in Window's Mobile Notes program (not anywhere *near* as useful as ScreenWriter), my writing is as smooth as normal. I'm just not sure what else to recheck or uncheck. Are there any registry settings that might be affecting screen sensitivity or redrawing speed ?? . . . thanks again for your help . . .
Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Not that I know of, Im looking...

Thanks T M Z

P.S. Do you have the VGA skin ?
Old 01-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Lurker

lsteele is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
Not that I know of, Im looking...

Thanks T M Z

P.S. Do you have the VGA skin ?
No I don't, I didn't realize that I needed to install an additional skin (the one that installed with the initial .cab file was fine) but I'll install it now --- do I just downloaded directly to my HTC Pro, then move the .skn folder to the ScreenWriter Folder ?? (I've never installed skins before) --- Thanks again . . .
Old 01-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Lurker

lsteele is a n00b

O.K. I was able to load the VGA Skin, It looks great !, even nicer than the original, but . . . the writing issue seems to be unchanged; Smooth handwriting if I'm very very slow, but unable to keep up with normal handwriting . . . appreciate your working through this with me, I'm sure there's some simple solution that I'm just missing. The program is so tailor-made for my needs that I may just have to learn how to write really slowly . . .
Old 01-10-2009, 10:32 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Isteele, I've been messing with different settings and whatnot. But I can't seem to duplicate your problem. All I can think is possibly, it has a conflict with another app that you have downloaded. Maybe try deleting and reinstalling. Don't know if you've tried that yet? Then of course a soft reset. Hope that helps. I'll still mess around with it, to see if I can come across something.

Thanks, T M Z
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software