PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 08:51 PM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3
Carrier: sprint

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Piracy, warez and You.

The best part of all this... THIS site has a warez sponsor!!!!! LOL

PPCFreewarez
Old 01-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

k_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark_semler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to k_semler Send a message via MSN to k_semler Send a message via Yahoo to k_semler Send a message via Skype™ to k_semler

PPC Freewarez is a Freeware site. It only distributes free software. There is nothing illegitimate about that site.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 AM
Older than Dirt!
Pocket PC: Galaxy S3

Thundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the communityThundaar2000 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

OK I trust you
Old 01-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Lurker

Baruch is a n00b

Since when was a 10% tip "money-conscious"? These days, a 15% tip is almost an insult. Do you people realize waiters and waitresses only make $2.13 an hour in the states? While everyone else's minimum wage gets raised, the service industry is left behind. For good service, 18% is considered fair. 15% for unremarkable service, 20%+ for amazing service. If you plan on leaving less than 15%, don't leave anything at all and never go back to that restaurant. If you can't afford to tip higher than that, you shouldn't be eating there. If you thought the service was poor, why would you want to eat there?

A 10% tip isn't money-conscious. It's ing.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: IPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

bfaber is just getting started
Thumbs down The level of pirating...

You know.. I used to do it in the past, but it saddens me when I see threads of people claiming to ask, 'which whatever is better' where 'whatever' is 3 different genre's of $100/copy GPS tools, and claim to already have each version installed....

With the number of people losing jobs, and like likely slow death of windows mobile phones due to apple, its just sad to see a community of people who claim to be dedicated to the love of a device, doing everything they can to kill the companies who build software for it...

I'm sorry, but its just sad..
Old 03-05-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: The level of pirating...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaber View Post
You know.. I used to do it in the past, but it saddens me when I see threads of people claiming to ask, 'which whatever is better' where 'whatever' is 3 different genre's of $100/copy GPS tools, and claim to already have each version installed....

With the number of people losing jobs, and like likely slow death of windows mobile phones due to apple, its just sad to see a community of people who claim to be dedicated to the love of a device, doing everything they can to kill the companies who build software for it...

its not killing them trust me. i am a co-founder of one of the sites that many manyh from here are members of and many people are honest and if they use the app religiously they will purchase if it isnt overpriced. and you said it yourself, the economy is horrible and money is hard to come by, so why are these developers placing outrageous proce tags on their products? im a developer also and i understand how frustrating and time consuming some code can be but seriously in todays time your not going to get 35 bucks for a program that does one thing that some freeware apps do or 250 bucks for a turn by turn gps program when you can get a car unit for cheaper at best buy. i dont understand why everyone thinks that warez is the only cause because its not..... i said my share and will pass it on for the rest of the peoples opinions.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
its not killing them trust me. i am a co-founder of one of the sites that many manyh from here are members of and many people are honest and if they use the app religiously they will purchase if it isnt overpriced. and you said it yourself, the economy is horrible and money is hard to come by, so why are these developers placing outrageous proce tags on their products? im a developer also and i understand how frustrating and time consuming some code can be but seriously in todays time your not going to get 35 bucks for a program that does one thing that some freeware apps do or 250 bucks for a turn by turn gps program when you can get a car unit for cheaper at best buy. i dont understand why everyone thinks that warez is the only cause because its not..... i said my share and will pass it on for the rest of the peoples opinions.
+ 2 tell em dash!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE

havox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephavox22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfaber View Post

what if they wouldnt have bought the product anyway i wouldnt consider it killing the company but thats just me...if i had a iphone i would only get the free stuff anyway, whats killing the companies are there high prices $25 for some cheap looking game when things on the iphone are free or a dollar or 2..i see ur point tho but i dont think this thread will change anybodys mind on things cuz a mans right in his own eyes

Dank-Ass Robba

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

crazaytalent is keeping up the good workcrazaytalent is keeping up the good work

I gotta agree with D/\SH... I mean I have no problem paying a resonable rate for apps that are worth it, and donating to developers that put in their time and hard work... especially those that are actually for the community... but some of those companies out there are actually just trying to take advantage of the community, in which case I have no qualms about turning to alternate sources, like 3rd party developers, freeware, etc... and cutting out the BS middleman... providing sercices at outrageous prices that an intellegent person can get for free or at a more reasonable/pocket friendly rate... IMO
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sh0wNuF34 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
Right you are D/\sh, plus I think that there are a relatively small number of people out there are "pirating" software compared to the number of people that have smartphones...plus it would seem to me that the companies make a majority of their money by selling their apps to corporations who have a need for that app and have tons of people that have company provided smartphones...its kinda like the music industry, artists make way more money through concerts, public appearances and endorsment deals than they do selling cd's
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Tags
free pocket pc games, pocket pc games, pocket pc wvga, windowsmobile games