PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO w/TP as a Back Up
Carrier: sprint

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
UCWeb 6.1 beta

Greetings. Has anyone else tried the java version of UCWeb 6.1 beta? I've been using it all day, it's pretty nice. It's alot like opera mini, but not as polished. There's lots of options to customize it, and from what i've seen, i think it's a little faster than opera mini. I included the .jar file which will open and install with java, i'm using esmertec jbed. It worked for me, so if anyone does try it, let me know what you think. I'm liking that you can copy and paste with it, and also open a new tab. Pretty cool. Hope somebody at least tries it. Oh yeah, this is a wm 5/6 touch screen device version. works awesome on my sprint mogul. dschoenike
Attached Files
File Type: zip UCWEB6 (1).zip (202.7 KB, 296 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

viper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good workviper8u2 is keeping up the good work
Re: UCWeb 6.1 beta

thanks for the headsup

Never saw it before, trying it now. so far it seems to work good, only been messing with it for a second though, will test more and reply later
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think this works great.. thanks for a helpful post.

Thanks T M Z
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

dschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdschoenike should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmz View Post
I think this works great.. thanks for a helpful post.

Thanks T M Z
Your welcome. Im really liking this browser. The only thing i wish it had, was the ability to view pages in desktop view, instead of the mobile rendering. Maybe there is a way to change the view, but i havent figured it out yet. dschoenike
Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

rain1177 is a n00b

pretty nice, lacking in some aspects but i like the speed! thanks!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

all i get is download failed. is it still available?
Old 10-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
all i get is download failed. is it still available?
Yeah, its available still. I'm not sure why your getting the download failed error. Did the jar file try to download within java? I've only tried it with esmertec jbed, so i'm not sure it'll work with other java software. It should though, i would think. dschoenike
Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

I downloaded it and actually like it better than Opera Mini. It seems to work OK on the Touch. On the Mogul, the bottom menus don't seem to appear..
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Give him the KICK!!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
I downloaded it and actually like it better than Opera Mini. It seems to work OK on the Touch. On the Mogul, the bottom menus don't seem to appear..
I belive there's an option to hide the menu bars. I know at one point i had the "hide menu" box checked accidentally. I musta clicked it while messing around with all the different options. I'm actually liking parts of this browser more than opera mini also. Can't wait to see what the final version is like. dschoenike
Old 10-09-2008, 10:06 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dschoenike View Post
I belive there's an option to hide the menu bars. I know at one point i had the "hide menu" box checked accidentally. I musta clicked it while messing around with all the different options. I'm actually liking parts of this browser more than opera mini also. Can't wait to see what the final version is like. dschoenike
me to . Im posting from it right now . is working pretty sweet . the only thing I can't find is how to set the time ? I looked insettings can't find it ... Thanks T M Z

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software